Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Extreme Newbie to Flash...

Bless you Sledger - I must have spent over an hour going through each one of those files looking for that tutorial!

Thank you all for the quick and helpful responses - I was able to watch the demo and get a quick picture viewer flash done with just a little bit of effort.

This is so cool! And here I was spending hours trying to find out how to do this using ASPNetFlash - this is so much better! Thanks again for the help!

Coleen
    Coleen
    "Tears are not a sign of weakness, they are a sign of how deeply we loved."
    IP

Glad to help
    IP

Hi Coleen, you might also look at www.xara.com at the moment. They have a slideshow that's quite effective. There's a link from it to the site that creates it monoslideshow.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Thanks Egg!

I love the way those flash shows "look" like they are movies, and it is an effect I plan to use on a different web-site. However...

Right now I am having a little trouble - and maybe someone here can help me out a little (since I have already posted to the ASP.Net site - and help there is often few and far between...) I have pasted the code for my flash in my ASP.Net page, and yet I am getting errors. Being so new to the flash scene, I really have no idea why I am getting the errors. Does anyone here work with Xara Flash and .Net? And if so - could you possibly point me in the right direction for a good tutorial on how to insert my flash in my ASP.Net file?

Thanks so much for the wonderful help I have received and any help that can be offered on my current problem would be greatly appreciated!
    Coleen
    IP

Hi Coleen,

I work with ASP.NET primarily for accessing SQL server.

If you could zip your ASP.NET code and attach it to a post, or you could email it to me bjt49 at hotmail.com

I will see where the best place is to insert the object reference and the reference to the swf file for you.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Coleen have you tried the code on the page at this link?:
    http://www.dotnetheaven.com/UploadFi...PlayFlash.aspx
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi Coleen, you might also look at www.xara.com at the moment. They have a slideshow that's quite effective. There's a link from it to the site that creates it monoslideshow.
    Probably a stupid question but why did Xara use Monoslideshow? Couldn't they have done the same or similar using Xtreme?
    True love is the ultimate truth
    IP

Well I have been going through Google articles off & on all day and finally found something that (so far) seems to work! http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread67798.html very cool!

Soquili - sorry I didn't send you the code/attachment - I was going to, but the .swf file was too large and even though I tried to zip it, for some reason WinZip would not compress the file! So - I just kept looking, and finally found something. I will look at the link you sent me...tomorrow! I am very tired tonight - but also very grateful for all the help given here - thank you all!

Coleen
    Coleen
    IP

Probably a stupid question but why did Xara use Monoslideshow? Couldn't they have done the same or similar using Xtreme?
    Yes, I agree Anas.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by salaam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Yes, I agree Anas.
    My quess is that everyone at Xara Group was busy working on the 4.0 release. The new site needed to be ready the same time as the release of Xtreme and Xtreme Pro 4.0.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP