Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I've been interested to read of the experiments using xara X's new swf export.

Here is a Flash animation in an early stage, that I am currently working on using xara2 to draw the initial figure elements and then exporting all layers to Flash via cmx/cdr7/AI7 export using a merry-go-round of programs just to preserve all the layers. Then in Flash, the various layer elements are tweened, combined etc and made into symbols, which are then turned into movie clips.

I export the Xara drawings as flat fills and apply gradients, line edits, transparency etc within Flash, which I find not inconvenient.
    To get some of my gif animations to Flash I've grouped each xara frame then exported as AI3 which brings them in a stack, an easy task to cut and paste the frames into sequential layers. The main disadvantage is Xara 2's limited layer-less AI3 export, something perhaps X has resolved.

Quentin

http://www.Qdesign.co.nz

I've been interested to read of the experiments using xara X's new swf export.

Here is a Flash animation in an early stage, that I am currently working on using xara2 to draw the initial figure elements and then exporting all layers to Flash via cmx/cdr7/AI7 export using a merry-go-round of programs just to preserve all the layers. Then in Flash, the various layer elements are tweened, combined etc and made into symbols, which are then turned into movie clips.

I export the Xara drawings as flat fills and apply gradients, line edits, transparency etc within Flash, which I find not inconvenient.
    To get some of my gif animations to Flash I've grouped each xara frame then exported as AI3 which brings them in a stack, an easy task to cut and paste the frames into sequential layers. The main disadvantage is Xara 2's limited layer-less AI3 export, something perhaps X has resolved.

Quentin

http://www.Qdesign.co.nz