Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Did this sometime back, got a '56 too, but haven't started on the '57...
    ron
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	55chevbelair.jpg 
Views:	551 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	9879  
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Did this sometime back, got a '56 too, but haven't started on the '57...
    ron

Xara's Facebook

Great work as always Ron I still think your better at the metalic look of things then me but i'll keep trying untill I get it right

I'd like to know if there is a metalic turtorial and if there is where it is, guess your the best person to ask this and if there is no turtorial can you give me some tips, I saw in a image you made that you use bitmaps can you tell me something about that or where the turtorial on it is .

Thx and keep posting those great images.

JohnLogan.

John,
    I haven't looked at or seen any tutorials, although I imagine they exist. A lot of the effects are done with gradient transparencies. The bitmaps serve a purpose in this respect:
    Sometimes you need to feather a certain piece that is right along the edge of another piece, or is right on the edge of the subject itself. What you don't want is for that feathering to extend beyond the subject, you want only the part within the subject to be feathered. To accomplish this you create the shape with the feathering, and then do a Arrange, Create bitmap copy. Then you place the bitmap copy where the original was and delete the original. Next, you draw a line through the bitmap right along the part of the shape where you want to remove the feathering, so you end up with a clean edge on that part of the shape, but still have the feathering on the rest.
    I hope that makes sense. Also, this applies to shadows too.
    ron
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JohnLogan1973:
    Great work as always Ron I still think your better at the metalic look of things then me but i'll keep trying untill I get it right

I'd like to know if there is a metalic turtorial and if there is where it is, guess your the best person to ask this and if there is no turtorial can you give me some tips, I saw in a image you made that you use bitmaps can you tell me something about that or where the turtorial on it is .

Thx and keep posting those great images.

JohnLogan. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Xara's Facebook

It's really impressing how you bring all of these illustrations together! I'm curious, how many car illustrations do you have on your HD? Have you done a back-up lately?

Risto,
    Thanks, I haven't counted them lately, but I know there's over 100.
    ron
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Risto Klint:
    It's really impressing how you bring all of these illustrations together! I'm curious, how many car illustrations do you have on your HD? Have you done a back-up lately? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Xara's Facebook

Thx Ron your answer helps alot, i thought you used clip view to create the same effect when you feather and want too stay with in the object and still have a straight edge but i'm gonna try this way to see if it is easyer or faster .

I put an image where you can see where i learned to use clipview.

Greetings JohnLogan.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ubb2.png 
Views:	475 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	5601  

John,
    Well, see, you just taught me a better way that I hadn't tried before.
    THANK YOU!,
    ron
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JohnLogan1973:
    Thx Ron your answer helps alot, i thought you used clip view to create the same effect when you feather and want too stay with in the object and still have a straight edge but i'm gonna try this way to see if it is easyer or faster .

I put an image where you can see where i learned to use clipview.

Greetings JohnLogan. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Xara's Facebook

Your very welcome Ron ,Like a funny cat on tv often says (It never hurts 2 help)

JohnLogan.

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Nice 55'... I like it.
    John/DOT