Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default It would be nice to have pdf/x layers

It would be nice to have pdf/x output as layers. Somehow I am not able to do this.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 30 January 2009 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Corrected typo

Default Re: It would be nice to have pdf/x layers

But you nearly have it already or I should say only on PDF 4 & 5. Why do you want PDF/X is there a lot of transparencies? because if there is not then you can do it. Even if you have you can use your layers to rasterise this type of content, make a bitmap copy, then hide your vector content by using another layer. Even if your PDF maker does makes for PDF export as two separate pages then it is easy to combine it into layers. Behzad you have been taking stuff to the printers now for a while you want to do a bit more research and certainly talk to your printer as I am sure it would not bother him to have your file in two paged PDF.

The only reason I can see for having a full layered file is for a water mark or the file was going for review and that you wanted hide the comments. If it for the reason with text among transparencies and your worried about how it would print then use the method I stated earlier it works. Gary produce a good workbook on Pre-flight checking a PDF with tamsparencies and you must certainly have along with XPro 4 disc so have a look there.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Default Re: It would be nice to have pdf/x layers

Thank you so much. Well i am doing some die cuts on different layer than the art work itself. So I have output pdf 5 with cmyk setting and different layer option. It seems to work.

Thanks for your help