Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: Do you read print computer magazines - the 'real' ones on the shelves?

Voters
166. This poll is closed
  • Yes

93 56.02%
  • No

73 43.98%

Hybrid View

Default Do you read print computer magazines - the 'real' ones on the shelves?

Anyone can post in this thread and vote in the poll, even if you're not registered. But registering is recommended.
    IP

Default Re: Do you read print computer magazines - the 'real' ones on the shelves?

In the past (20 to 30 years ago) I read computer magazines avidly. On the odd occasion I buy one now they have no substance.

Compute! magazine was one of my favorites.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compute!
    Last edited by Soquili; 28 January 2009 at 05:50 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Default Re: Do you read print computer magazines - the 'real' ones on the shelves?

Bill - your link is broken - the shriek is outside [I've always wanted to say that ]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Thanks Steve the link is now correct.

In programming circles (here in the States at least) that is called a bang and the asterisk * is called a splat.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

I am displaying my roots maybe in calling it a shriek
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

As the question is "Do you read print computer magazines" I answered No.
    But I once did (a lot)
    IP

There are a few computer magazines I still get. MAXIMUMPC is my favorite , funny I can't recall the other right now.
    I like to stay up on current technology.The reading made me adept at doing my own computer builds.A fun hobby and I also do some repair.
    IP

I stopped buying print publications (newspapers or magazines) years ago. I do get ESPN the Magazine only because when you sign up to become an "insider" you get the magazine.
    Creating Great Designs in Life and Work
    Where I Work
    IP

I must not be as big a geek as I thought because...........

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    ........that is called a bang and the asterisk * is called a splat.
    Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I always thought a shriek was an exclamation mark..
    I always thought bang and splat and shriek required I have a girl involved......

To the original post, I will on occasion read a magazine on a rack at the store, but I seldom see any reason to buy one. I find that Extreme Tech and Extreme Build-It covers most of what I want to know about hardware, and the software I use is all either UNIX/Linux based or Xara, so the best resources are online.
    IP

I gave up reading computer enthusiast magazines ages ago - I figured that once you learnt all about Vesa Local Bus and IDE drives there was no point in knowing more..

;-)
    IP