Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Mech

Now that looks awesome Stu... just super...

Hey, how do you make sand like that? Is that post work or what? Either way, man this looks way cool

Thanx James

Just a few little tweaks and it will be finished...acck

The sand,oh the effect is from displacment to create the cracks and grooves and bump map for the grain.Thing is you should never use bum maps to create geomerty they are for imperfections and slight grooves etc,bricks can be ok as well as long your camera doesnt get to close so you will see its all flat.I cant wait for SPD,damn the things I will do with that that usually have my viewport grunting.

I am managing now to get my post work less and less which is very gratifying,unless its ani then you do passes of almost everything.

Hey thanks for explaining that Stu

Yea, I guess your all stoked about v9 eh... So have ya pre ordered it or what?

I downloaded the demo and have played around with it a bit... no real opinions as of yet... ok, I have a few, but I ain't saying nada hehe

I intend to stay up very late tonight, just so ya know

Dagnab it! That's a rockin' image there Stu.

I do miss the glows though around the , that really brought it to life for me! Are you going to put those back in when it's all finished Stu?? Pretty please??
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I have to agree with you, Richard. If it were an option (maybe if we plead enough? j/k ) the glows add an element of life and impending activity -- or that some action just occured. It's a subtle thing, but it does suggest activity in the image. I liked that.
    But Stu has done a great job on it, just as it is, and I would imagine that in an ani of it then we'd have glows and dust blowing around and all sorts of firing action going that we don't see right now.
    ---Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

I would also love to know how he made the bottom render shading blend in with the rocks so well? Gives the impression that there is a bit of dusty dryness spewing up and outwards. Very nice touch Stu!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gidgit:
    Hey thanks for explaining that Stu

Yea, I guess your all stoked about v9 eh... So have ya pre ordered it or what?

I downloaded the demo and have played around with it a bit... no real opinions as of yet... ok, I have a few, but I ain't saying nada hehe

I intend to stay up very late tonight, just so ya know <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pre ordered..not yet but I will for sure.Having 10.3.5 and XL9 gives me dual or triple planes supoort for my graphics card..wahoooooo.Dual planes allows you to have many objects in your scenes and still be able to move around freely without the editor view breaking down to wire frame or box there after because of the amount of polygons in the image.

It does look very very cool though bud,especially from a modelling dudes perspective ,but theres no reason you cant still enjoy Wings as well,I mean wait until the next build of Wings and it will start all over again,or Modo damn tha has some very cutting edge tools now.

Looking forward to it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RAMWolff:
    Dagnab it! That's a rockin' image there Stu.

I do miss the glows though around the , that really brought it to life for me! Are you going to put those back in when it's all finished Stu?? Pretty please?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanx Richard

The glows will probably return yet,I am going to build into the bg some.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Crow Haven:
    I have to agree with you, Richard. If it were an option (maybe if we plead enough? j/k ) the glows add an element of life and impending activity -- or that some action just occured. It's a subtle thing, but it does suggest activity in the image. I liked that.
    But Stu has done a great job on it, just as it is, and I would imagine that in an ani of it then we'd have glows and dust blowing around and all sorts of firing action going that we don't see right now.
    ---Maya <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya glowing guns requires action and bullets and blowing dust etc etc,lots of hard work,which is either done with particles or sprites,sprites being being small 1 polygon boards you put textures on and have emitted from particle emitters,ony you need millions for dust and stuff,to get it looking real that is.You can also use lights or voulmetric lights which is what I have there,but animating them and it looking real is a bit catch 22.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RAMWolff:
    I would also love to know how he made the bottom render shading blend in with the rocks so well? Gives the impression that there is a bit of dusty dryness spewing up and outwards. Very nice touch Stu! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is a combo of the volumetric lights I mentioned above Richard,and also PS.In PS you select the colour you want for the dust,then use forgeground to transparent gradient,add a layer mask,add noise of full amount to layer mask,then gaussian blur the layer mask some,creates nice little smooth pockets of transparency in the dust,so it does not look really CG