Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mech

Ditto! Looking great!
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Bailey:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> but I do enjoy the fabrication part,whih there isnt enough of <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, I enjoy seeing the metal working too.
    I built my own english wheel several years ago.
    Its not pretty but it works like a charm. I can beat a piece of sheet metal into shape then smooth out the hammer marks or just start wheeling and raise the metal without hammering.
    Its a cool thing to have if you want to do sheet metal forming. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya I know what you mean Mike,they are used for forming panels like they make for old cars,has a foot lever and you roll it backwards and forwards under the wheel.Made your own good stuff

Thanks guys

I remade the textures from the ground up basically,some more tweaking to do yet though.

Stu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mech_best2.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	11169  

and with tweaks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mech_best2.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	190  

I really like the last render Stu!! Wonderful job!

Hey, Stu -- just keeps lookin' better every day! What are the white spots all over it? There are a lot of bigger "triangular spots" of very similar size and shape too....maybe if they varied a bit more, or less of them in some areas, they would look less uniform. Seems just a bit too many little white spots on the feet and various places. (I'm nit-pickin)Not bad though, probably only me seeing too many of them spots... It's lookin' good!
    ---Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Stu, I think this is the best!!!

Maya, I think those white spots are where the grime has been knocked off by automatic weapons fire
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks Randy,Maya and Soquili

Yep Bill wins the prize ,they are areas where grimes has been removed by rubbing and bullets etc maybe,but also little specs of specular or scratches through the layers of paint.I agree though the patches dont look the same up top as they do in other places,ah the joys of balancing a myriad of different specular settings in your materials.....

Hmm maybe some dust might help..

HOLD IT RIGHT THERE! PERFECTION!
    (yeah I know, you'll probably go on tweaking it yet...but this latest one looks just SPECTACULAR, and again a big step above that first one you posted, SO MUCH SO that I think he's ready to cause some serious damage now!) Seriously, just some dust from whatever scene you put him in and you're good to go!

---Maya
    -Mark Twain

Yep! Looks great Stu.