Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mech

Stu, The brightened image does have the appearance of stressed aluminium. Your last image is better, I can see the entire model, but I can't make out the decal on the leg. Is that the way you want it? Your images have always been dark, I just assumed that was your style.

ah cheers,I never realized my images were over dark,medium dark but not meant to be over dark.

New gamma and callibration this time

{OT}I dont know if I asked you this before or not Mike {crap memory} have you caught the show American chopper?,you would really enjoy it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mech_best.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	8245  

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> New gamma and callibration this time
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Much better Stu,

Yes I have watched some of the chopper building shows, I don't care for Orange County choppers, watching those guys argue isn't my idea of intertainment.

great

Ya,I kinda wonder about that dad who runs the business,hes kinda odd at times in his behavior,but I do enjoy the fabrication part,whih there isnt enough of

What a HUGE improvement! Now it finally looks illuminated AND yet still of a dark metal that's grimey. This is a good calibration. The use of the light blue background helps greatly also.

I have to agree also with Mike, most of your images in the past are overwhelmingly dark and in shadows, like so much is being hidden...that works fine for the night scenes like the space dock sort...but a great many of the other images you've done were too dark...whether it was to do with the gamma or your visual perception difficulties, most of the images you've done (except the night ones) would benefit in some lightening...this one sure has as a good example.
    ---Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Ha, this looks good Stu... ikes, I can only imagine how hard it is to calibrate for a OS setiing that is not sitting in front of you (Windows) ...

Maybe a trip to the local puter store which carries PC's, and dialing to this thread from one of the display PC's at said store will allow you to better see what everybody is seeing here

I just want to say, I hope you don't think anyone here is just trying to be rough on ya, Stu. Most of us know about the visual and perceptual difficulties you struggle with...and maybe there's this feeling that perhaps constructive crits --- although you've told me you always appreciate --- ought to just be left out about your WIP because of your situation, that it might make some reticent to mention things, or to just not bother you with them...but in the end, if we don't speak up and mention things like the darkness problem with your images, you will never know (as you stated you weren't aware of it), and that really doesn't do you any favors in the end. Please don't think the crit on it is just nit-picking. I don't think you'd be posting these images unless you wanted suggestions for improvement. So that's what they are...just "suggestions" meant to be constructive...meant to be helpful if you want to use them.
    ---Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Cheers guys

Maya - no,no problem,I didnt realize the LCD had further tweaked the gamma more into the dark spectrum yet again.Nit picking is cool.

Gidge - ya it is tricky,my monitors are NECs,and of course they come with fully tweaked out hot rodded color profiles for them,but fir XP,so I am having to sort of stumble along as I go,but my gamma is now 2.06 which is supposedly native with a different white point so I might leave it here.It had a yellow cast when I first strted them so I used a cool blue as a compensation,but that combined with the gamma of 1.8 was probably the problem.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> but I do enjoy the fabrication part,whih there isnt enough of <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, I enjoy seeing the metal working too.
    I built my own english wheel several years ago.
    Its not pretty but it works like a charm. I can beat a piece of sheet metal into shape then smooth out the hammer marks or just start wheeling and raise the metal without hammering.
    Its a cool thing to have if you want to do sheet metal forming.

Stu, it's looking great!! I like the darker versions as well as the latest.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update