Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Group editmode

Default Re: Group editmode

What some may see as a workaround is the way the program is designed to work.

Pointing out a feature that may have been overlooked is only being helpful.

If this thread was not considered to be sensible it never would have been approved.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

The other way is also valid: What some may see as how the program is designed to work, is sometimes just a workaround because of (historical) design decisions (or errors?) within a program.

It's more the question if you generally act more as a fanboy (prefer to search for and see workarounds as an valid solution) or more as a critical customer (prefer to asking for a change). Of course, there are tons of nuances between these two extremes available and also different views. For example the lack of a CMYK mode within Xara Xtreme is a design error in my eyes, but I'm not sure, if I would prefer a new Group editmode.

Remi
    Last edited by remi; 31 January 2009 at 07:00 PM.

And the new groupedit can be identical to the way you cycle through objects inside a clipping path. Maybe instead of a key for the clipping path use a different symbol.
    Sheff
    My Site

I think Remi got it spot on in his first post. It was a choice made in the design of the programme which we have all got used to and have work arounds. How many times do we look at the ways the Layers in both Corel and Adobe have been laid out and say that would be handy but when we use the whole programme we find that XPro has many more features that we like or should I say the way it operates feels better to us. I also agree with Remi's statement that the use of RGB colour mode was again a design flaw but to change it would mean an huge re-write of the core programme. But again we put up with "Simulate Printers Colours" and use our experience to get the right colour but we are still choosing this programme as our main design vehicle. Use Steve's method on group edit in wire frame view.
    Design is thinking made visual.

The program started out from the beginning as a web design program, hence the choice of RGB I think

Its come a mighty long way since then - agree its not going to be easy to change core program written in low-level, as I understand it
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Years ago, I proposed breaking X into different versions to serve different such as print vs. web. They tried that with Webster, but I don't think it outsold any version of Xara X.

CMYK would be great, but I wouldn't hold my breath. But I also don't care for being told 'that's the way it is.' The point of this forum is to help improve the product, not constantly re-state how great it is in its current incarnation. That's preaching to the choir.

Xara wants to know how we use their program and what tools we would like. I'd say it's up to them to decide what they want to put in, change or improve.
    Sheff
    My Site

Stay on topic please "Group editmode"