Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Does anyone know of a forum for WordPerfect? I really would like to find one.
    IP

Marie

Corel moderate a series of support related newsgroups for Wordperfect, if you set up an account in outlook express or your favourite newsreader software to point to Corel's newsgroup server

news://cnews.corel.ca

and get a list of newsgroups, there should be several WordPerfect newsgroups each refering to a different version.

Peter
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    IP

Specifically, in Outlook go to View/ Go To/ News and a News window will open. Thereafter you can add a News button to your toolbar. I just checked, and out of the 30,000 newsgroups out there now, only one WordPerfect group is in use. It's called uw.wordperfect.users and apparently works for all versions.
    IP

You guys are wonderful. I've never been successful in posting a question in newsgroups. I've been able to read the already submitted q/a but never my own. I'll give it the old college (uw) try. Thank you again.
    Marie [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]
    IP

Marie

If you click the following URL in your browser, and navigate to the specific WordPerfect newsgroup you want. Clicking on the required newsgroup should automatically start up your newsreader and open the required newsgroup.

Depending on your news reader software you may have to go through a wizard to setup some basic account details for this particular corel hosted news server, which is different to your internet providers newsgroup mirror, like what user name you want along side the message and what email address you want posted with your message, I suggest you leave this one blank, heavily diguise it by inserting something like N_O_S_P_A_M somewhere in the address or use a disposable webmail account such as Hotmail to avoid the inevitable shower of spam that seems to be the scourge of newsgroup posters these days

Web page for linking to Corel news groups

There is a junk newsgroup on this server so first practice a test post on this to make sure only the details you want posted are sent, once you are happy, dive in to the real newsgroups

I have always found the C_Tech people on the graphics related newsgroups to be most helpful.

Peter
    IP

Marie

Just found a link to this forum, it uses similar software to this one, so you should feel right at home [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

WordPerfect user to user forum

Peter
    IP

FANTASTIC!!! Wonderful!!! thank you thank you thank you

Marie [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    IP

Marie

We are not allowed to pack pistols in this conference and so it would be hard to shoot you [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...
    IP