Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rich browns

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Rich browns

You are all most welcome. I'm glad that some of you are finding it useful. Sometimes its fun just playing around mixing colours, and on the computer there's no mess to clean up after.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

cool ...Im not the only one then...
    I do this also....(or something similar)
    IE create a grid of squares that contains the colours i am using in a design...
    And sometimes even tiles for unique fill/filter combinations ETC
    As in these vector programs (corel,xara ETdc) it is not as easy as in a raster (bitmap ETC) paint program to see on the pallete all the colours in your design ETC.....

This would be a nice feature actually...if you could have an automatic mode that would show on the palete only those colours and unique properties ETC that objects have in the design....

P.S. Those colours do look practical too... good stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Hewitt David View Post
    As in these vector programs (corel,xara ETdc) it is not as easy as in a raster (bitmap ETC) paint program to see on the pallete all the colours in your design ETC.....
    David does not the Xtreme colour gallery show the colours used in the opened document for you?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colourgallery.png 
Views:	167 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	55503

Quote Originally Posted by Hewitt David View Post
    ...if you could have an automatic mode that would show on the palete only those colours and unique properties ETC that objects have in the design....
    Have you set your option to delete unused colours on save/load ? The colour line then shows those used in the design.
    Also will show them named (if you named them)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deleteunusedcolours.png 
Views:	167 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	55504

Thumbs up Re: Rich browns

Wow, Thanks Frances.

My son was just looking at Paul's Guest Tutorial, and was stuck with making a brown background.

Fantastic timing, as browns have me beat for some reason.

Jim Toal

Sledger;
    No im a newbie cobber...still working (supposedly) on my first design...
    Its quite ambitious for my first one on xara and so it probably wont be done for a few months as i havent had a spare minute in the last week to work on it....
    most of the work was done in the first day
    ...iE i spent about 5-8 hours virtually straight on it and its probably 70% done quality wize as in it looks about 70% done but im a bit of a perfectionist and so are probably only about 15% done time wise as i have alot of overlays and filter experimentation to do to get the effects im looking for...
    Alot of trial and error.....
    but im sure it will spawn some posts in the process...
    anyway thanks for the heads up on the colour thing.....