Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, i want make an illustration of a AM/FM radio, but I have some difficult for the prospective!Any suggestion?

PS - excuse for my bad english
    IP

Ok, i want make an illustration of a AM/FM radio, but I have some difficult for the prospective!Any suggestion?

PS - excuse for my bad english
    IP

Draw the horizon, place a vanishing point on the horizon, draw straight lines from the vanishing point to the corners of the object facing you, the lines are used as reference for the perspective angles.
    IP

There is an Isometric grid option, instead of the usual squared grid. You can vary the spacings and subdivisions in the normal way to make a bigger or smaller grid.

Right click in the drawing area and select Page Options, then the Grid tab. Isometric is on there.

Click OK, then you can toggle the grid display and grid lock by pressing the dot (del) button on the numeric keypad, and the # key.

I guess you could draw the sides of the radio and then shape them in a Mould to the limits of a rectangle drawn to the Isometric grid, I can't suggest anything more, but tinkering down that route will hopefully get you going. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Daniel on August 28, 2000 at 12:46 PM.]
    IP

Daniel

I learn something new every day. Why did I not know (or perhaps I have forgotten--the mind is a terrible thing to waste) about the Isometic Grid?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...
    IP

Winters where it\'s cold, summers where it\'s hot

What's with this isometric grid? It doesn't look any different from the rectangular grid. What does it do? I never noticed it either

Dennis [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

<a href=http://www.inconnect.com/~dennisco/>Carillus Design</a>
    <a href=http://www.djart.com>DJArt & Design</a>
    IP

It allows you to design on all three axis for 3D effects. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
    IP

Hello People,

just popped in from the Draw forum, you mean to tell me you people have had an isometric grid all this time and you haven't publicised the fact [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Here are some figures you may find useful.

I am making an assumption that you people also have a tool to accurately scale objects if so

Scale a circle 122.47% in the horizontal and 70.71% in the vertical for an isometric circle in the Y plane. You will need to rotate it in 30 degree increments to get it in the correct X or Z plane, I use the constrain key in Draw for this during a free rotate.

Also for other objects such as squares the following is useful.

Scale the object in the horizontal to 86.6% and then skew it either + or - 30 degrees vertically to get the shape in the X or Z plane.

hope this all makes sense

Peter
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    IP

Spyro

I have tried to produce a radio using vanishing points but as a radio is relatively small the vanishing points need to be very distant otherwise you end up with a radio looking like a city block.

As yet another alternative can I suggest using Xara 3D to get the required prospective. Once this has been gained it is quite a simple matter of applying moulds above the Xara 3D exported jpg.

I have done a quick tutorial on this at web page

Also attached a reduced image of the outcome

Regards

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Does exactly what it says on the site.

Nice textures.

M.

PS Is this a BUSH radio as the time is stopped ?

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP