Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Please help! Menu bar not showing on site.

I just looked and it is on the server and local. Is there another place it should be?

Trouble is, with a PHP site I can only view the processed .html via the browser. So I can't be certain of where files are being called from.
    However, as http://www.playsppl.com/xaramenu.js IS found - I would assume that the missing .js should be in the same place (/public_html/)
    The CorporateEdge4.gif is also reported as missing.

Okay, I just check and all three are on the server. The corpedge.gif, .js and xracamenu.js are there. Any other ideas? Should all those be in the menu file that was created in the root

Well first I'd be finding out why those files are reported as not found.
    As I mentioned, xaramenu.js is there but the other two are reported 'Not Found'.

I don't use MM so I'm not familiar with it's export structure.
    Bill (Soquili) may be able to help further.

Schloob does your web host support FrontPage extensions?

Many web hosts do not and since FrontPage is no longer offered as a new product the number of hosts that do will probably decrease.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I used godaddy and the front page extentions are turned on. I have been ready alot of the other post about similar issues and I remeber seeing some about leaving files where MM puts them. But where exactly is that? I only see them in them the .gif and edge.js in the menu file and then the menu.js file is only in the file where my tool bar is locateded. Does that make sense?

MenuMaker puts all files in one folder (html, graphics, and javascripts). However FrontPage can change the locations of those files. I would recommend looking at your local project directory to see if FrontPage put them in one folder or split them into a subfolder.

The reason I asked about FrontPage extension is the static gif file that should be shown even if the menu doesn't is not showing. The reference is within the FrontPage webbot code, between the <noscript> and </noscript> tags.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

okay, I have actually put my old header.html file back on the site will I play around with this. If you look at it the menu should go where you see buttons now just below the picture and above the scrolling bar.

Also, I removed all traces of MM from front page and I am going back through the whole process again to see if I missed something. I am curious however in menu make after you choose your project, then click save grahpic I have seen several things that tell you to click on set graphic folder before saving that box. In the grahpic folder do I want to click the menu folder I created in the root dir or some other folder? I have actuall played with this severa times and I'm so confused now I can't remember what is right or wrong.

I should also mention when I very first created the menu last week I was able to get it on the site, that was even before I had front page ext turned on with google it was after I when back in to put the completed version of MM up that something went wrong.

I hope this helps and I really appreciate all you are doing to help.

I did check in the project file in MM and it looks like everything is there. I am mainly looking for the .js files and the .gif right?

okay, I have put the mm menu back on the site. It's still not there obviously. this is that I have so far. After deleting everything and re-inserting the menu I have all the files in /themes/fwd1/.....This is where my header is located. I don't have any fiels in the menu folder yet. Should I copy the .js and .gif files and move them into that folder?

I did move those three files to the server. Is that correct?

I am providing links so you can see what I have done

http://www.playsppl.com/themes/fwd1/menumaker.gif
    www.playsppl.com/themes/fwd1/menumaker.js
    www.playsppl.com/themes/fwd1/xaramenu.js

all three of these seem to be showing. But I only have them in the locations I told you. What do you think? Does this help?
    Last edited by schloob; 18 January 2009 at 05:10 PM.