Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: General Winter

Default General Winter

ex-Wehrmacht workhorse Magirus 3-ton 4x4 Cargo Truck under rough conditions...
    Background is a conical b/w gradient, the blizzard was made by overlaying a stone pattern fill and adjusting transparency.
    Once again X-T-R-E-M-E fun...
    Last edited by o5m6; 16 January 2009 at 10:32 PM.
    Oliver.
    www.o5m6.de

Default Re: General Winter

Neat affect.

Personally I do think the heavy watermark is a bit overdone on this one though.

You're right, Steve, removed it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Magirus_ng.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	140.3 KB 
ID:	55334  
    Oliver.
    www.o5m6.de

Yes much better Oliver.
    I like the small touches, like the icicles on the bumper and the piece of barbed wire.

Neat effect with the snow Oliver.

Great as always Oliver. One issue, you have a rounded rectangle which I finally took to be the rear window in the cab but it looks like it needs to be sent further back in the drawing as all of this window wouldn't be visible, it would be behind the driver and the seats etc.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Great work, Oliver. I like mainly monochrome feel to this. The stone texture works well, too. If I were going to be picky, I'd expect to see a couple of snow-free arcs on the windscreen. Unless of course the vehicle is parked.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    If I were going to be picky, I'd expect to see a couple of snow-free arcs on the windscreen.
    I think they are there Bob.
    Referring to Egg's point:

you have a rounded rectangle which I finally took to be the rear window in the cab but it looks like it needs to be sent further back in the drawing as all of this window wouldn't be visible,
    If you remove that rounded rectangle from your minds eye, the arcs are present. At least that's how it appears to me
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 17 January 2009 at 11:04 AM. Reason: spelling

I see them now, Steve. I thought they were the seats! I had my eyes tested earlier this week, the new glasses won't be available until next Thursday. I'll have another look then!
    Sorry, Oliver.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Gray, John, Bob, Steve
    thank you for your kind comments.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    It think they are there Bob.
    If you remove that rounded rectangle from your minds eye, the arcs are present. At least that's how it appears to me
    The arcs are there, but they are somewhat covered by the blizzard and the white border of the rear window. the border is actually black but became white thru the white reflection of the windscreen, an effect that I always have to deal with.
    So I have reduced the windscreen reflections and cut out the arcs out of the blizzard, should become clearer now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Magirus_ng_2.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	110.6 KB 
ID:	55343  
    Oliver.
    www.o5m6.de