Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default email error and upload file

With Steve's help, the page is up on the site but I now have another email problem.

The email link in which I used "mailto:" is up as well but when I try to use it, this is what I get on THIS computer -

The host 'pop3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.
    Subject 'Question', Account: 'pop3', Server: 'pop3', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

I am using Gmail for my email and have received this before, but VERY seldom, when I click on an email link on a web site.

On ANOTHER computer that I also use Gmail, when I click "send" up pops - VERY fast - something about "outlook". It goes by so fast I can not read it but the email is not sent.

Is this something I solve with the web setup or is it something that is solved on EACH persons computer and, if so, is there some way I can put directions for them to do so?

Second, someone - I apologize I don't remember who it was or where it was posted - suggested to upload a file of the pages to the web site as the best way to go.

I assume I put a link on the home page to the file name just as with any other link.

1- Do I then change each page in X4 to a .jpg and export as a .jpg or just exprot as .jpg and use this as the file?

2- How do I get this file to the server using Filezilla?

Tks all - have a great day and stay warm - bad wx over most of the country right now. - jb
    Last edited by jeb; 15 January 2009 at 05:09 PM.
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com