Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have been using Corel draw since Version 2 or 3. I am a packaging designer and am branching out to do web design. Can someone give me input as to whether or not I should learn XaraX. I have heard and seen great things about Xarax but don't really know why it will do things better than Corel Draw. Any opinions will be appreciated.

By the way - I am already signed up to be notified when X is available and I plan to buy it then.

Gary Allred
    gary@theoriginalorg.com [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

I have been using Corel draw since Version 2 or 3. I am a packaging designer and am branching out to do web design. Can someone give me input as to whether or not I should learn XaraX. I have heard and seen great things about Xarax but don't really know why it will do things better than Corel Draw. Any opinions will be appreciated.

By the way - I am already signed up to be notified when X is available and I plan to buy it then.

Gary Allred
    gary@theoriginalorg.com [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Winters where it\'s cold, summers where it\'s hot

Gary, I'm sure you'll a lot of replies more detailed than mine but here goes. I have been using Draw since version 1.2 and I still use it ocassionally. Since trying Xara it was love at first sight and I've really never cared to go back! It's so quick compared to Draw or most anything else, you'll be amazed. I think if you try Xara, you'll find yourself designing your packaging with it not just web design. I've done CD covers, book covers and a host of other print projects without a hitch, other than the printer wanting the source file and they say it's from what? The exported TIF from Xara works fabulously every time. Try it, you'll like it! And from what I hear about XaraX, it wont break the bank to buy it, unlike a lot of other applications which will remain nameless.

Dennis [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

<a href=http://www.inconnect.com/~dennisco/>Carillus Design</a>
    <a href=http://www.djart.com>DJArt & Design</a>

Gary:

I have been using Draw since version 3 - Because I am a web site developer I find that Xara is so much faster and easier to handle for web interfaces. But version 2 definately was lacking in some of the advanced features that Draw totes.

I have never been pleased with the way Draw exports my web graphics so I find myself switching back and forth between the two depending on what aspect I'm trying to do.

Don't get me wrong. I a big Xara fan but I do appreciate the usefulness of both programs. Xara is definately fun to use! And with the new features in X it will hold its own maybe against Draw.

Just my two pixels worth [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Nina