Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Xara, FileZilla or me as problem? :)

Below is the file I am trying to upload in Filezilla.

I saved it as a .xar file - "index" - and exported to web as both "index" and "index.htm". When I go to FileZilla, with either of the latter I get an "index.htm_files" folder which has 6 files in it and an index.htm Firefox doc file.

I have selected the 6 files and dropped on the "public_html" folder and get "file transfer successful" However, when I go to open the site, all I get is a blank page. This happens if I do the same with the "index.htm" file as well.

Obviously I am missing a step somewhere. - jb
    Attached Files Attached Files
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Default Re: Xara, FileZilla or me as problem? :)

Quote Originally Posted by jeb View Post
    I have selected the 6 files and dropped on the "public_html" folder and get "file transfer successful" However, when I go to open the site, all I get is a blank page.
    Can you give me the URL to your site?
    Meanwhile, open the public_html folder and check that your files are actually present.
    If not, drag and drop them to the opened public_html folder window.

index.htm should be the only *file* that shows, all other files should be in the folder "index.htm_files"

(PS: index.htm is not specifically a Firefox doc, your PC simple associates the .htm file extension with Firefox as the application which will open it.)

Hello Steve,

The URL is www.floridacommunitynews.com.

I had Startlogic check things and they could not find anything wrong so I had them delete everything off the server that was not suppose to be there and started fresh.

From X4 I saved the page as a .xar file and also exported as a web page - both named "index".

When I go to Filezilla I have a folder named "index.htm_files.

When I click on this it has 3 files - 0.png, default.css and png.js.

When I drag/drop these into the public_html folder in Filezilla it uploads the files but when I go to the web site it states, "Directory has no index" file found.

If I back up one folder on my computer to the root I have an index.htm file. When I upload this to Filezilla/public_html - which already has the other 3 files - the page is blank when I try to bring it up.

I then re-built the page in WWB and when I preview in browser it looks perfect but when I "publish" I am back to the "Directory has no index".

Usually my problems stem from some dumb thing I have done but neither I nor Startlogic can solve this one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would much rather use X4 to build a web site than have to save and carry everything to WWB, since it will not allow one to cut-copy/paste into it as one can do with most other programs.

If only Xara would put a publish ability into their program.

Tks and have a great day - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

Hmm - odd.
    It reads as though you are doing everything right, but as you say - the message when accessing your URL suggests that there is no default page file.
    My inclination is to offer further help privately, if acceptable to you? For this I would need to access your host space directly via FTP. If you are OK with this, please contact me using sledger [ at ] gmail.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nofile.png 
Views:	240 
Size:	7.8 KB 
ID:	55258  

Tks Steve - email on the way - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

Thanks Jim,
    Yes I can see where you've gone wrong now.

You need to place the file inside the /public_html/ folder
    You have them outside if it.
    Currently you only have an /images/ sub-folder and no xtreme generated index.htm_files sub-folder there. Just follow my lead and you should be fine now

Now something better shows
    http://www.floridacommunitynews.com/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jeb.png 
Views:	238 
Size:	3.9 KB 
ID:	55262