Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: 375 Named Color Palette

According to Pantone ... though wasn't this once called 'Old Gold'? Any Wolverhampton Wanderers out there?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mimosa.png 
Views:	321 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	55257  
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Heheh, they must have updated the name of the color for today's crowd.

To all, how do you make a .pal file? After reading the Anodized Alum thread I thought it would be nice to have a specific color pallete for metals. Thought I might use the colors posted here:
    http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/wo...tml/page_1.htm

That wouldn't be an infringement of any kind, would it?

Lastly, my XaraX2 had a very long row of colors at the bottom and I really missed them once I installed XX4. Knowing about these palletes has solved my problem as it keeps the color bar clean but they are still accessible when needed. Just wondering why there were so many colors in XX2 and only 45 colors/blacks in XX4. I had looked all around XX4 looking for a button to add more colors permanently but didn't find one. Don't need it now with the palettes but still curious.

John that does look a lot like Old Gold and School Bus Yellow. I haven't sampled it to compare with other colours.

Burpee the pal I posted was created using CorelDraw 4, but after the file was created I back engineered it to find how each colour is represented in the file. You can read that information in post #15. Click the following link to see that post.
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...4&postcount=15

With a little work using XaraX(treme)'s Color Editor and plain text editor like Notepad you can create your own palette file with the colours you want.

Gary would be the person to say if you can use the colours from the Xara Xone.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thank you for the prompt reply Soquili. This is something that I think I will use often so I will investigate it further.