Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara 3D cutout chrome board

How can I make a cutout board look like chrome and have the text cut all the way thru the board? See the image.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Xara 3D cutout chrome board

hello, Mickx7, the easiest way is to go to the design menu, and select Board+Holes. That gives you a board, and any text you type in is knocked out of the board. Application of a suitable texture can enhance the chrome look, but you want to set the lighting to highlight the edges.

Mike

Yes I know but where can I get that chrome look? I saw only 1 steel graphic and I couldn't get that to look like chrome.

Can I import something to do it?

Hi Mick, what colour is chrome? It's like asking what colour is Mirror. Basically it has no colour but reflects the light and objects surrounding it. In general it tends to be whitish grey as does silver and gold has a yellow tint but that's about all you can say. What makes Chrome chrome is the reflections.

You might like to try creating a texture in XX using the Live Effects / Eye Candy Demo / Chrome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!jpg.jpg 
Views:	407 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	55241  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

The chrome example is the image I first posted which I believe is part of some texture included with the program.

What is "Live Effects / Eye Candy Demo / Chrome"? Where?

In Egg's post the XX refers to the Xara Xtreme application, where there is a Live Effects tool for selecting various plugins, including the chrome effect. A free 30 day trial download is available here if you don't have it.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.