Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Where is Inkscape?

David... Remi is not insulting you, but rather making a comment that, if you wish to see XaraLX improve, then maybe get some books on something like c++ and then apply the talent to improving it. His comment was not so much meaning your ideas are not need here, on this forum per say, but I believe he was refering to your comment about XaraLX not taking off so well or the pity that development dropped.
    Try to not take too much too personaly here... we are not filled with members or mods who are insulting, I think this instance just got cross-wired wrong, and Remi's comment was not intended the way it seems, which is a common mistake when reading text and not actually conversing in person?

And what Bill said about the XaraLX development is completely correct.
    IP

David, I think Remi was referring to your ideas not being needed, but developers, toward your comment about XaraLX development dropping. It was not meant to insult you by saying your ideas are not needed on this forum. Just a simple case of cross information. I have never known Remi to be insulting to anyone.
    Sometimes, it is better to ask what someone means than to go off defensive. Just a friendly bit of advice.
    IP

Perhaps i bite too easily and i guess thanks for tying to defuse the turbulence of my wake.
    But I guess he was right in that putting forward ideas is a thankless endeavor...
    But "too easy", I disagree.... most people dont bother and if anybody would like to know why just try it on a forum like this at see what happens.
    Last edited by David Hewitt; 12 January 2009 at 07:10 AM.
    IP

there is a right and a wrong way to sell ideas David
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

I think Remi wants to point out that it's easy to wish for features or to make an usefull adjustment to the program.
    How easy?
    Just use the search engine and you'll see a lot of feature requests.
    On many the people here agree but might not be implemented easely or not being high on the priority list of the developing team.

Hans
    IP

David,

the point is, suggesting enhancements or new features is "nice", but there is no reason to be overly "proud" of your mental capability to plan such features. There are tons of people out there who are able to design the wildest ideas/concepts, but (unfortunately) don't know how to develop software or even to write a formal PRD or SRS. But in the end only the produced software counts - nothing else.

So, please do us a favor and calm down.

Remi

PS: Feel free to study also
    Last edited by remi; 12 January 2009 at 01:00 PM.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    David,
    So, please do us a favor and calm down.[/LIST]
    Sure but your going to have to post one more time to get the last word in...Remi
    Last edited by David Hewitt; 12 January 2009 at 02:00 PM.
    IP

I give David time to calm down from his latest trolling posts at TG and banned him for the next seven days.

Regards,
    Remi
    IP

Sorry to re-register my self REMI but i think if you say 7 days you should actually keep to your word....
    I was told by another moderator that i had to contact privately when i got your little Personal message/jibe about never being re-instated, that i actually would be after 7 days.....

Needless to say I was not...im sorry again to bring this up on the list but im personally quite offended that you would do this.....and since there is no-body moderating you i feel compelled to at least come to my own defense in this way..
    I just hope that your not so spiteful as to delete every attempt or ambition i have of partisipating in a meaningful and cordial fashion on the list (I.E im making an effort to be more chilled in my posts but i have to set the record straight on this point even if it results in being on the pointy end of a permanent vendetta by yourself....P.s. i hope we can put this behind us...

Anyway i have no hard feelings towards you (i prefer to get things off my chest straight up and move on...)
    Consider yourself forgiven....
    If you can forgive me (even though you plainly dont like me much) then all the better....

Anyway i will not mention this again....anyway i am making my first xara design now and i will post it up when its done..
    Then at least you can judge my "credentials" (or lack there of) on something more concrete...
    You neednt pull any punches...... i appreciate critical feedback...so long as its fair...
    I admit i was a bit of an ass...so let by gones be bygones ok???? (can you re instate my old log on dude?)
    Last edited by Hewitt David; 21 January 2009 at 04:27 AM.
    IP

David, the moderators do a great job here and while human they are very fair with people and have been with you. Please raise your game, talk about the software rather than complain about the moderators (who don't need forgiveness).

Credentials aren't important here. The ability to get along with your fellow man is.

Paul
    IP