Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Where is Inkscape?

Why dont you add in a forum for inkscape?
    after xaras widely reported opensource issues...
    it seems that inkskcape maybe the real open source alternative...
    hats of to xara for trying...

But the ideas of total open source it so appealing to so many that i think this forum should have a front page dedicated inkscape forum....

i would pepper that baby with some advice too LOL....
    IP

Default Re: Where is Inkscape?

since these forums are funded by xara ltd that would be a bit like microsoft funding an apple forum

all software is trying - it gets less so the more you do
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by David Hewitt View Post
    Go for it, David: http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index....al_Communities
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by David Hewitt View Post
    Why dont you add in a forum for inkscape?
    after xaras widely reported opensource issues...
    it seems that inkskcape maybe the real open source alternative...
    hats of to xara for trying...

But the ideas of total open source it so appealing to so many that i think this forum should have a front page dedicated inkscape forum....

Not a so bad idea

I think abandoning XaraLX was a big mistake for Xara's image. And the lack of efforts to adapt the Windows version of Xtreme to Wine is another one. Personnally I would accept to pay for it even if Inkscape has taken a place of choice in my graphics activities !

I think definitely an exagerated conception of intellectual property is too limitative for evolution, and money for all has proven to be a very noisy thing : bad food, bad medicine, bad use of energy, bad love, bad wars, bad future...

ivan
    IP

sure I'd be all for it, if its feasible - we do have illustrator, so why not inkscape
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

I dont mind whoring my ideas...
    currently i would plant those babies in anyapp that would take them...
    aS to me expressing what i see as my creations is my prime motivator...
    But if any app were to seriously court my opinion or engage me in a professional partnership of some kind i would love to focus and get to work...
    But thats just it i don't really expect to be taken seriously...i mean may be i have an inflated sense of self importance?

I mean charles moir is not going to send a limo round to my house or anything just because i think i have a hot idea, i mean i'm one of a thousand probably, i don't know.....

but to be sure i have been pushing many of my ideas for nearly a decade IE to Wilcom who develop the embroidery software i use...some ideas have been picked up but only a few little things here and there nothing substantial.
    its not something i will ever tire of because i really believe i have alot to offer and i enjoy it....but i have a few big ideas that i really think are KILLERs and i would love to see them implemented...so far i havent really tried the big sell on corel xara or any of the big boys but i really believe personally that one in particular is a big opportunity for whoever would develop it....(.i spoke about it in my last post in the corel forum) but its their loss....
    im not going to push it too hard as its an ideas that could just as well be a stand alone app...an idea i may end up falling back on.....
    Last edited by David Hewitt; 11 January 2009 at 12:27 PM.
    IP

I am afraid many of you have an incorrect opinion about XaraLX.

Xara provided 100% of what they promised up front.

It was the Linux developer community that gave up on LX.

Expecting a company to essentially gut itself to satisfy their desire for the core code is not logical.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Spot on Bill and well said.
    IP

Sorry David, not your KILLER ideas are needed, but software developers who assemble new concepts/ideas into real software. If you're such a software developer, then go for it. If you're only talking about your wishlist items for a better graphics software, then don't expect to get applauded for your ideas. Thinking about new concepts/features is so easy - too easy...

Remi
    IP

I think your wrong...
    no doubt your right that most people on these forums dont want to hear it...
    As most simply want directions as to how to use the thing as it currently is....(thats where you come in)
    Sorry that's not me dude hope it doesn't tear you up too much that i might have the cheek to propose something new with out starting up a new company or becoming a coder and doing it myself.

perhaps all [music] bands should have to write their own material too.....and while we're at it maybe we should expect them all to have to start up their own marketing and distributing companies too?
    Wait a minute,....... that would be unreasonable duh
    not every band is the beatles U2 or Queen...
    some actually get others to write their stuff...whoa somebody should stop them.LOL ill leave that up to you dude...

P.s i didnt know xara sponsored this forum... so i guess i can understand why this will not occur...
    Also im not laying blame as to why xara opensource was not a roaring success.... pitty though

But then again who knows it pays to keep tabs on the competition...

Also i wouldn't mind knowing where you get off telling me my ideas are not required.....
    Lets hear one from you dude......(you don't have any?) perhaps you don't like me on your forum? perhaps im in the wrong forum...
    Then remove me dood..... nothing like some healthy censorship...
    Last edited by David Hewitt; 12 January 2009 at 04:11 AM.
    IP