Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Some of my examples (unfinished)

Ok sledger :
    Here is some of my corel examples.....
    Dont be too hard on me they are mostly unfinished as you can see
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aria_Thumb.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	55164   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Birth_of_venus (incomplete)_Thumb.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	110.8 KB 
ID:	55165  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rocket_Thumb.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	55166   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tractor_Thumb.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	150.7 KB 
ID:	55167  

IP

Default Re: Some of my examples (unfinished)

Brilliant work, even unfinished I like the style. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Note: I moved your CorelDraw related post to this, the CorelDraw Forum.
    Your post can be back tracked to the parent thread in the Xtreme Forum here.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 11 January 2009 at 02:24 AM.
    IP

NO probs...
    Thanks for the vote of confidence...
    You can probably tell im a digitizer from my art...i dont know... its probably shaped my style a bit its hard for me to be objective...all good though i hope....
    Im pretty slack with my art however: digital and otherwise, what ever talent i have is rather wasted on me unfortunately....

As you have probably already guessed i have pretty definite ideas re Vector apps i sent charles moir a few emails last year but i have now lost his email anyway he seemed like a decent bloke... anyway i would probably have just sent these ideas directly to him if i had have still had his email.....
    I would really like to shape the developement of a vector app...as i have quite a grand vision for where i would like things to go....
    That was just the tip of the ice berg.....

Its interesting to have people's feedback i guess but my motivation is not to debate (so much) every idea that i have....i try to include my justification for each idea i present when ever i do this... most of the time people offer more resistance that encouragement.... most people like to defend the present rather than develop the future....

So my main motivation is to change things...
    honestly i would really like those things fixed/changed.......

i digress
    wheres your art dood
    Last edited by David Hewitt; 11 January 2009 at 04:22 AM.
    IP

great - you need to do something about the line round Venus's head, but that's fair as it's not finished yet

Quote Originally Posted by David Hewitt View Post
    most of the time people offer more resistance that encouragement....
    that's probably because change always interrupts existing workflow - often there will be users whose workflow is actually compromised by changes, no matter how great they may be for others

Quote Originally Posted by David Hewitt View Post

So my main motivation is to change things...
    surely it should be the art?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    surely it should be the art?
    My main motivation for posting to forums
    It would be a dream job for me actually... id love to help drive the development of a vector app as i have a suite of my own ideas i would love to see "set in code" but anyway if it doesn't happen its no big deal...
    I generally give my ideas away for nothing anyway but in would take many many pages to describe broadly what i would like to do....big picture...
    as like anything the devil is in the details and any good idea can be done well or poorly and many a good idea in theory has died the death of a thousand oversights and glitches.

Anyway i wont go into it in detail as it would take up hours of my time to formulate it with reasonable eloquence but it evolves a fairly unique and specific system/toolset for semi auto vectorization of hi quality bitmaps......IE i have a vision as to how highquality bitmaps could be utilized in a very specific way to generate vector outlines with a suite of simple, quick and very powerful "semi auto" but partly manual vetorizing tools.....

Sorta like semi auto vectorization......
    Where the user drives the process more manually in specific ways the allow great control and versatility to very quicly generate very polished vector images from bit map graphics....

the actual process is one that i personally have done manually many times....
    when ever i have a huge peice to do (embroidery peice that is) but anyway the process is not specific to embroidery and could be used to great effect to help bridge the gap between raster and vector
    IP

David how much experience do you have with writing computer code?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

It has never been my intention to code such things myself....
    and I'm not a coder although i know a few personally.

And i have had this same conversation with other software development teams i have worked with one (a friend of mine) who is heading up the design team of am embroidery vector app that will be released soon actually told me the same thing....your idea can not be done... your not a coder... you dont know what your asking...
    then a few months later with no mention of this is was like... look what were doing... my idea.... shock horror \
    and what was his excuse...? doesnt matter not interested.......

in his excuse or what ever yours may be.......
    after all that was were you where going.....isnt it! tell me im wrong......
    (or do you actually know someone who can help? that would be a nice surprise i have come to expect nothing but nay sayers)
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 12 January 2009 at 02:56 AM. Reason: No need to quote preceding posts in full
    IP

I do not work for Xara. I am a volunteer the same as all the moderators here at Talkgraphics.

My point is you should either code a program for yourself or hire programmers. You obviously have some very strong opinions about how you want things to work.

I'm just saying create an application to satisfy your own desires. Who knows, it could become the best seller of all time.

People respond in kind. You are a nay sayer to any and all advice people have tried to provide as assistance. You prefer to return with additional "it should work this way".
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

This is partly true...but only as a perception...
    I.E... because i believe something can be improved and should be able to be done in a certain way perhaps.....is one thing
    but it does not detract from the inate validity of a specific idea that there is also already another way altogether to do this very same thing......

infact most of the ideas i have put forward already can already be done... i know this and i have said this in most instances from the outset.

My idea is to have more shortcuts to functions so that they can be used quicker....
    This is perfectly valid
    and im not detracting from someone or ditizing their input because they are telling me there is another way....
    there may be 10 other ways.....
    im proposing just another way...that i know will be very fast indeed
    and also in most case my motivation is not to get help...although when i am told something new i dont know i do appreciate it.
    But again im usually focussed on trying to explain why it is that i think x,y and z need to be done...i know there is existing ways...thanks....
    but i know this and i still think these ideas have value
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 12 January 2009 at 02:57 AM. Reason: No need to quote preceding posts in full
    IP

Naughty but nice. I like em.
    Larry
    IP