Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Drawing with physics

I don't expect this in Xtreme anytime soon.. ..or ever!

http://www.crayonphysics.com/

Paul

Default Re: Drawing with physics

Brilliant!

Like "phun" but more fun with a tablet.

Risto

I wouldn't expect your objects to bounce off your cursor and roll away like rocks anytime soon...

But tablet optimised UI's will gain traction however as the hardware necessary becomes more price competitive...
    And perhaps will reach a "critical mass" sooner than you think.

http://www.wacom.com.au/cintiq/
    these types of monitors will come down in price every year from now on...

And this is the crucial piece of hardware needed to validate this type of thing.
    A pen tablet is a very poor substitute and is simply not good enough to break into the mainstream.

however at such a time as monitors like these are mainstream....which could happen with-in a decade then whoever has optimized their UI to best accommodate this will ride this wave.

And if Xara is not putting in the hard paddling before this particular wave front arrives they will miss it and also the benefit of being at the forefront of such a trend...probably not a fatal mistake but i think it would be wise of them to be at least leaning in this direction now so as to lay some of the foundations.
    I have thought about this possibility a little and have a few ideas that i wont bore you (or Risto) with but who knows whats on the horizon.
    Last edited by David Hewitt; 12 January 2009 at 12:50 PM.

David,

Fascinating... NOT.

Your tablet rant is 3-4 years old... It has been done... and talked about. Try the seach function... It's brilliant = it shows you every "original" idea you ever had. It's magical! It shows you that all your "fresh" thoughts and ideas were already "thunked" and "giggled" about years ago...

My "tablet" comment had to do with "phun" (a similar open source application) which is more object oriented. "Crayon" is more fun because it feels and looks more "free/natural" with a tablet. That's all...

Settle down.

Thanks, Paul. My kids love it... And yes, it is very addictive. Buying it.

Risto

Ooooo. I'm gonna have to give in and fire up the old XP machine for this one... my kids are gonna love it too.. Thanks!!
    Hey Risto... who's using it more?? the kiddos.... or you

Here is a similar offering. Careful, it's addictive!

http://FantasticContraption.com
    ~Fred

Yes, good link. Watch out for the iphone competition offer - could prove expensive..

Quote Originally Posted by Risto View Post
    David,

Fascinating... NOT.

Your tablet rant is 3-4 years old... It has been done... and talked about. Try the seach function... It's brilliant = it shows you every "original" idea you ever had. It's magical! It shows you that all your "fresh" thoughts and ideas were already "thunked" and "giggled" about years ago...

My "tablet" comment had to do with "phun" (a similar open source application) which is more object oriented. "Crayon" is more fun because it feels and looks more "free/natural" with a tablet. That's all...

Settle down.

Thanks, Paul. My kids love it... And yes, it is very addictive. Buying it.

Risto
    I'd like to know what i said that was so inflamalatory?
    Where in my post did i appear worked up and need to be told to settle?
    Why go out of your way to tell someone their input is not interesting?....
    Who's the troll here?

There was no evil intent there only that which you read into it.....

I realise you didnt like where i was going and it was not what you were saying apparently and perhaps tablets did come out a few years back by my point was that applications have not so far addapted so as to reflect this as its not yet mainstream (as i can think of alot of useful tablet specific UI functionality) that is all i said....you said something about using a seach function like to imply that everything i have offered has already been said but i didnt actually offer so much as one idea...
    so i dont get this either if you wanted my ideas on this you only need ask....then you can seach to see if its been said before...maybe giving you a little bit more amunition i dont know?

I realize you and the other dood are probably good friends and perhaps i crossed your path on a different tack..... i dont know....?

Sorry for any offense...???
    If you need privacy in future try putting a coat hanger on the door handle...LOL

(That was joke dude hope you can handle it...)

David, the forums aren't about "I" they are about "us" as a graphics-oriented community. People get bored with "I" pretty quick.

This is about all I have to say: "Where in my post did i appear worked up".

It feels that you're pretty worked up in every post about something.

Chillout and fit in with the vibe. This is a good place.

Paul

I thought on-screen UI devices was pertinent to the thread...
    in hind sight perhaps not?...i wasnt as up on that as specifically as the others were obviously...
    And perhaps i didnt have my finger on the pulse like you obviously do....
    Thanks for pointing that out.....
    Last edited by David Hewitt; 23 January 2009 at 02:13 AM.