Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Seamless Tiles - Free Plugins

As a result of my Hexagonal Pattern thread I received a private message asking about creating seamless tiles. This jogged my memory and I realised that many of you may not be aware that there are free filters that work well in Xara Xtreme available from Simple Filters. Two zipped sets are available for download.

In Xara Xtreme I created a square with a plasma fill (left hand graphic) and used the centre tile filter (middle graphic). I then drew a hexagonal Quickshape and added the bitmap fill of the centre tile filter, and selected the repeating tile fill (right hand graphic).
    There are plenty of different tiling types to chose from. These filters are idiot-proof, as they do not require any settings by the user.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plasma tile seamless.jpg 
Views:	479 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	55141  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: Seamless Tiles - Free Plugins

Here are 4 seamless designs made using the standard existing brushes in Xtreme. Clockwise from top left: Sponge brush applied to a diamond quickshape, Sphere brush applied to a 5 point star quickshape, Van Gogh brush applied to a 4 point star quickshape, with a diamond filled rectangle behind it and the Petal brush applied to a circular ellipse.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seamless.png 
Views:	454 
Size:	272.6 KB 
ID:	55149  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.