Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Need Help Please!

Hello, I have uploaded my web site, and now the nav links are not there, I see that the files are not in the web site they went to my c: drive. I am new at all this, what can I do to make the nav links work? Thanks!

Default Re: Need Help Please!

Hi Carol Sue,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

You need to upload the javascript files and any graphic files your navbar uses. They would be in the same folder as your html file created by Webstyle.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi:

Whenever you build a button or graphic, Webstyle will throw up a box to see where you would like it put. By default it will go into projects. You can also tell the program to store it in a directory of your choice. I had the same problem you are having when I first started using Webstyle. If you start off in let's say, FrontPage, You can go directly to your insert menu and from your web creation tool and it will place the graphic you build into the document. It will also ask you where you want it saved. When this happens put it into a directory in that web, so that when called upon it will always look for that object or whatever in that directory, and not on your C drive... From here you can do whatever you want to it and it will always be stored in that same directory, changes and all. Then all you have to do is upload the folder and it's contents to a server along with the rest of your web and everything will function perfectly.
    The key is to start in your Web page program such as FrontPage or Dreamweaver and go on from there. Even if you are building complete pages with Webstyle. You can do an empty web and store everything there. Hope this was a help and not too confusing...

Stephen C.
    intruder500@msn.com

Are you saying that people who purchased and use Webstyle will likely have purchased Dreamweaver or (the now defunct) Frontpage too? And having purchased Dreamweaver or FP (or perhaps FP's replacement 'Expression Web') would rather use Webstyle instead?

Mr Sledger:

Sorry... I was speaking from my own experience with the program when used in conjunction with a web editor such as FrontPage or Dreamweaver. As you know Webstyle has integration for both, that's why I mentioned FrontPage. Really just wanted to help... Thats all

intruder500

Hi Stephen,

You are correct because many of the posts in the Webstyle forum are about how to use the Frontpage and Dreamweaver integration.

I think that some of the problems may be due to people using Webstyle to create a navbar or menu then wanting to open Frontpage or Dreamweaver and insert the finished navbar or menu. This can work from Frontpage or Dreamweaver as long as the original project is opened in Webstyle when it is opened by Frontpage or Dreamweaver and resaved. At that point the files would be brought into Frontpage or Dreamweaver when Webstyle is closed.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update