Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: PSP7: pane of layer palette gone missing

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    I've known people to use a 250 Mb image as wallpaper on a machine with 256 Mb RAM
    What???? Certainly deserves the LOL

You seem to have a very good system with lots of memory.
    That's what I hoped you'd think. Hmmm, makes the resources thing hard to understand, then. Anyway, thanks and I'll post more on the other board when I can.

Steve (sledger) and I view all the forums here at Talkgraphics as frequently as our day jobs allow. Moderators here at Talkgraphics are volunteers that like to help others.
    And don't we all appreciate it... a big vote of thanks.
    IP

This and other Questions are answered on Porters Campratty
    http://www.campratty.com/1faq/faqpag...ml#anchor20191

Sadly many of PS P's leading light went over to the other side after corel took over PSP and did nothing with it. They where also big friends of the Jasc development team and programmers Who would also pop in to news groups to answer queries.
    IP

Hi Cottager,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

The problem you describe sounds like a registry entry for the Layer Palette has been set to zero for the Left Pane.

The attached .zip file contains a .reg file that will put the default values back into the registry for you.

Close PSP7.

Download the .zip then extract the .reg file to a folder on your hard drive.

Use Windows Explorer to go to the folder the .reg file was placed.

Double click the .reg file and you will be asked if you are sure you want to add the information in the file to the registry.

Answer yes and the registry will be updated.

Start PSP7 and the Layer Palette should have both panes again.
    Thank You!!!!!!!!!!! You just became my PSP7 Hero!!!!!!!!!!!! I have used PSP7 back when it first came out. I bought PSP8 and it still sits in the box. I won’t upgrade. I have become pretty skilled at 7, and I don’t wish to screw with my GUI. I have had this problem many times. Even an “uninstall”, registry cleaning, and then reinstall does not fix this problem and it left me miserable. Thank you so much. I will be sure to note you when I put it up on my site for useful tools.
    IP

You are welcome S3-GTE.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

I know this thread is getting rather old but I am a newbie here.

PSP7 is the DeFacto standard in the Train Simulator modeling world. It does everything we need to do and has not been complicated by the addition of many features that we don't use. In addition, many of us upgraded to PSP8 but discovered that it would not do some of the necessary Alpha channel tasks that we had been doing in 7.

Bill
    IP

Hello Bill,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

There are several members that have said they prefer using version 7.

I recently installed version 7 again on another PC here at home. I have two versions to work with now. The differences between version 7 and version 8 are interesting to say the least.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Let's hear it for PSP6

When 7 came out I upgraded and then dumped it quickly. Too buggy, crashed a lot and I didn't like the UI changes.
    Stayed with version 6 right up until X2 (but 6 is still on my Vista Ult PC as it loads in a flash and does 99% of what I need from a raster editor - it's at the top of my bitmap editor list for Xtreme too

Carry on...
    IP

Default Fans of PSP7 and older...

I think we should have a dedicated PSP Revivalists thread!

sledger, I still have the CD for PSP6 (in fact PSP5 too!), though must admit I haven't used either since getting PSP7.
    PSP4 anyone ?

Interesting that PSP6 works for you on Vista, as I think I've picked up from a few other threads that certain functions of PSP7 do not... this is one reason why I chose XP when upgrading from Win98 less than 2 years ago, even though Vista was already well out and being pushed at that time. PSP7 isn't the only older program I still use, and I'm really dreading the day when I need to upgrade again in the future (which I guess realistically ought to be in the next couple of years or so, when we'll be well past Vista even).
    IP

I registered just to say thank you. My layer palette is now back to normal. Re-installing didn't help at all. You saved the day!

Dean
    IP

I found this thread from Google and it has been a lifesaver. I used the .reg file and it worked perfectly. Thank you, thank you, for making my PSP7 usable again!
    IP