Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: PSP7: pane of layer palette gone missing

Glad I could be of service Conscientia.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

I just wanted to say thanks for helping me out today with this problem, too :-)
    IP

Glad we could help.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Okay, I know this thread is old, and had to do with part of someones layer palette missing...but it was the closest one I could find to my issue - my tool palette is MIA.

I bumped the side of a TV remote as I moved my mouse across the mouse pad. At the same time, this caused me to hit either a button on the left side of my mouse, or the left mouse button. That button on the side is used to "go back" in web browsers. About the same time as the big crash (lol), I saw out of the corner of my eye my tool palette disappeared. Because there are times when I will accidentally hit some key combo that changes how different palettes react, I tried to recreate what had happened when the tool palette disappeared, but with no luck. When I couldn't find it or get it back by toggling the the tool palette icon in the standard tool bar, I closed PSP - I was sure this would fix the problem, but it didn't.

When I reopend PSP, I tried toggling the tool palette icon from the standard tool bar again, but still this didn't work. I then went to View>>Toolbars. In this box, I checked to make sure there was a checkmark by the tool palette - which there was because the tool palette icon in the standard tool bar was still depressed. I took the checkmark out, then put it back in. Still, no tool palette.

I closed PSP again, and rebooted the computer. Reopened PSP...but the tool palette was still missing.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm guessing this has never happened (????????) 'cause when I googled "Paint Shop Pro 7 tool palette disappeared," a link to this forum, this thread, was the only search result that appeared even remotely related.

Thanks
    Last edited by fixit; 21 February 2014 at 11:24 PM. Reason: correct the name of a tool bar
    IP