Anyone still using PSP7? -- I still love it, so I am

But just today half the layer palette disappeared for some unknown reason. If anyone has experience of this and how to get it back, be really glad to hear!

I think it may be connected with a system resources problem... I had a heck of a lot of stuff open at once, and also been working in PSP for some time, which could have just tipped it 'over the edge' and mucked this up somehow, though it didn't get as far as crashing. Occasionally there are little glitches like this when it's 'tired'. When saving an image for instance.

If I use a certain letter while naming the file (like an 'o'), which coincidentally is a shortcut key for toggling one of the toolbars/palettes on or off, then instead of the 'o' going into the filename field in the Save dialog box, it will start toggling one of the toolbars on or off -- in the case of an 'o' it would be the Tool Options palette. That's a cue to know I've pushed it, and to shut down PSP and other progs to recover resources.

But once I've done that, it's usually fine when I open PSP again, and works as it should. This time, as an extra side-effect which has never happened before, it seems to have made half the layer palette disappear, and it hasn't come back... didn't even notice it had gone till I reopened PSP.

The palette's divided into two panes:
--the right half has the Layer Opacity, Blend Mode and Lock Transparency;
--while the left has the layer type (raster/vector), Layer Name and the Layer Visibility button.
There's a divider between the two halves.

It's the left half which is no longer visible... so there is no way of changing layers by clicking on the one I want to work in (clicking in the right half doesn't do it). Anyway, without being able to see layer names it's impossible to know where I am!

There is one reference to it in the help topic which says:
The Layer palette contains two panes. Drag the divider to change the relative size of them.

Yea, well I'd do that if I could see the divider but it's also out of view so there's nothing to grab hold of. Every time I try, all it does is grab the outer frame of the box to reduce or enlarge the size of the overall palette frame... just like dragging the edges of a non-maximized window. This doesn't bring the middle divider or the left-hand pane into view. Right-clicking the title bar or anywhere else in the half still showing only brings up the toolbar dialog box to choose which toolbars to show or hide.

Any ideas? Many thanks.