Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Change unintentional "Control Curve" back to "Regular" Curve?

Using Corel 11 for Mac... Been constructing a highly detailed street map for months. Using Weld tool to create long rectangles to create street grid. Nearly finished I went to weld one section of streets to the large original grid and it wouldn't complete the command. I realized much to my horror, that the original 3000+ node street grid is now labeled a "control curve"!!!!

I've always used control curves for flowing text to an object...
    and in the past I just remove the text and it becomes a regular curve again.

Using a fast machine, very few crashes, but map almost done and now this?

HELP!!

How did this happen and can I do anything about it?

Grateful for any input.

Hank in Key West
    IP

Default Re: Change unintentional "Control Curve" back to "Regular" Curve?

What's really strange here... is the back side of the map (a blow up of old town).. I hadn't touched since mid November... I just opened it and IT TOO is a control curve... which might indicate to me that it's an application issue or a global setting or condition, rather than just an item that had been changed in a file...

The real issue here is that I cannot proceed because I cannot weld anything more to it.. I could cheat and just lay a rectangle with no border (non-stroked) over top of it but that's lame.

Any other ideas??

-Stumped in Key West

PS you see the new 17" MacBook Pro today... 3 gig processor, 8 gigs of ram and a video processor that's 5 times faster... whoa!! I'm on that in March for sure.

-Hank
    IP