Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Youtube Video: Rounded Corner Photo Tutorial

Well as you've all encouraged me so much with the positive responses to my first Xtreme Tutorial Video, I looked for a reason to make another.
    Here it is, the "Rounded Corner Photo Tutorial".

I chose this topic as there's been numerous requests for help with creating a Photograph with rounded corners over the years.
    And, there's been a number of innovative solutions posted by TG members, even a video by Charles Moir himself!
    Here I'll show the popular method of using a rounded rectangle shape as a clipview template.
    *Take particular note of how by using the Rectangle Tool, rounded corner rectangles can be resized (including aspect ratio changes) while maintaining the circular corners (since version 3.2).

As before, there's a higher quality and larger resolution version available on my new site.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 08 January 2009 at 05:31 AM. Reason: add YouTube post icon

Default Re: Video: Rounded Corner Photo Tutorial

Good tutorial sledger!

Thanks, Steve. Another great video. The most helpful thing I learned from this was how handy it is to have the Arrange control bar showing, which I now do. Thanks for that.
    -=Bob=-

Keep 'em coming! If a picture is worth a thousand words, what is the value of a video? I also agree that sometimes the value is what else you pick up that gives you one of those Ah Ha moments.

Sledger, although I didn't need your tutorial, I decided to watch it anyway, and I was very pleased. It is a great tutorial!
    Charlie

Excellent again Steve.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Hi Steve,

Very nice video tutorial. I enjoyed watching it.

FYI...When I go to Charles Moir's post from your link. The link to Charles' video gives an unable to display page error.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Yes, I agree with the other comments. A superbly presented tutorial, Steve.
    All this time I've been changing the drop-down selection menus in the Alignment Tool dialogue, only to discover clicking in the nice big box at the top. Thanks for that, Steve.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

A clear and enjoyable tutorial which answered a bunch of the aside questions which I had never thought of asking.
    Many thanks.
    TJB

Many thanks for all the comments - very glad that everyone found something which was useful to them. Sharing workflow techniques is often a great way to pick up tips. Thanks to Gary Priester re the rounded corners via double-click tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    FYI...When I go to Charles Moir's post from your link. The link to Charles' video gives an unable to display page error.
    Bill, the link starts Windows Media player in the browser (FF,IE,Chrome) and plays the file.
    Try; right-click save target as, then download Charles' Round_corner_photos.wmv to your PC?