Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Painter x won't import video

Hey,
    This has been killing me for a while now and any help would be massively appreciated.

Im running painter x on a Macbookpro, using downloaded video and video edited in sony vegas, in .mov and .avi. I have quicktime, Perian and VLC installed.

The problem: Painter x wont recognise avi, wont open .mov, either the ones I created or the ones i downloaded.

I keep getting the message 'Can't open file' with now explanation.

I had a similar problem opening the same video files on a pc using Corel Draw x4, it said I didnt have the right codecs, So im wondering if vegas just uses ultra obscure codecs.

So... Does anyone know whats causing the error or how I might go about resolving it? I really wanna rotoscope some clips and doing it frame capture by frame capture is driving me slowly mad.

Thanks
    Ollie

By the by, has anyone else had problems opening PSD files created in painter x in FCP? This is a completle different problem but hey.
    IP

Default Re: Painter x won't import video

I'm not familair with Perian, but VLC does not install any codecs to the system, it uses it's own internal codecs to play media files.
    You might need to install a codec pack (K-lite for example) to your system which enables any application to use the required codecs.
    IP

As far as I can tell Perian is the mac equivalent of K-lite, unforuntately didn't fix the problem. Thanks for the reply though.
    O
    IP

K-lite is also available for Mac.
    IP

See this thread here for which codec's I imported to make it work on my system.
    IP

Sorry Im taking so long to reply to this thread, I'm writting essays and painfully busy. All tips very much appreciated though and Ill post back as soon as I've tried them.
    O
    IP