Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: New Chrome-Effects with ReflectionMaps

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics. As you have used a range of Xara / CC products, you should understand the power of blends, art brushes and names colours: http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/workbook44/page_6.htm.
    No need for a live effect at all.

Acorn
    Ok well, I can't remember which version it was because I have had them all, but way back (maybe Corel Xara) there was a chrome plugin that worked a treat! - I need to do a graphic for a car sales website in black carbon with a logo edged with a shiny chrome line... It seems that the photoshop plugins idea has been worked around but that was a powerful feature.. Thanks for the support.

Thank you gwpriester! - That's great but I was looking for a quick way to get a shiny chrome effect and thought it would be easy with a photoshop plugin. I have bought one from graphicriver but it won't work. I have just upgraded to X365 in the hope that the 64bit plugin would work. But I can't get Xara to recognize it. I will have to draw it! - Lol...

Eye candy 4000 has a chrome filter, If you have Xara extreme installed you can point to it. Its in the picture editor/plugins folder.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

If you have f eye candy 6 or it has a very good chrome filter that does let you easily add your own reflection maps how ever version 7 and up no longer work prperly with Xara software and Alien Skin will not work with Xara to address the issues.

But If you don't have the EyeCandy chrome filter you can use Xara's bevel tool and emboss filter to achieve a nice chrome effect. I've attached a .xar file that you can pull apart to see how I did it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chrome effect.jpg 
Views:	384 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	114626  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by angelize; 14 October 2016 at 10:34 PM. Reason: better image
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.