Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Game items

Default Game items

hey, im currently working on a new game at the moment, but i need graphics.

i want to make graphical items such as variouse types of swords armour and shields, and items like pickaxes a hatchets and such,and alot more, i no its a random collection of items, But then games can seem rather random if you delve into them .

anyways im looking to create these types of items (scroll down to the items section, forgot the maps at the beggining)
    http://www.thelegionbase.com/tools/OLLOADER2.html

...thanks, could anyone direct me to any gd software?, first things most people i no have told me is, use photoshop but thats only for editing pictures. if you do however point me in that direction, could you please post a tutoiral or a link to a tutorial, thanks .

~Ashley~
    Last edited by :Ashley:; 03 January 2009 at 01:20 AM. Reason: typos

Default Re: Game items

If it's game sprites you're after drawing, then yes - photoshop would be a tool to use.
    However, it's more a case of the skills and motivation you posses rather than the software you choose to use.
    You could use MS Paint if you were good enough (and there's some amazing painting done with MS Paint out there).
    Xara Xtreme would also work (and is much cheaper than PS, easier to learn as well)
    Xtreme user and TG forum member ikonkaru does some amazing work with Xtreme.
    It's really up to you, your budget, skills and imagination.

As far as tutorials go, I suggest you get to it and spend a bit of time using Google.

Default Re: Game items

thank you very much, i have photoshop extended, so thats not a problem, and i will try xara extreme, i have only recently got photoshop so im not to up to date with it but i will spend a little more time exploring the features and using google, thanks .
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 03 January 2009 at 11:39 PM. Reason: remove uneccessarily quoted preceding post