Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Everything you know is about to change..

Stemcell computing

"Pretty big talk, for such a mysterious product. According to information gleaned from an email that's making the rounds, this is "revolutionary" -- in fact, it's about to change everything you know. Everything. The company says they've invested over 10 years, over one billion dollars, and 10,000 man-years (that's a lot of men! and years!) on "stem cell-like silicon that is able to grow and multiply into different solutions and ecosystems," which will "better lives beyond our imagination.""
    source: Engaget

Default Re: Everything you know is about to change..

Sounds scary to me. Not too sure if the mental-limitations of mankind is ready to harness such power. In other words.. I would not hand a monkey a rocket launcher.
    It makes me feel that one day, in the future.. people will be negatively effected by some strange, unknown thing... and years later, we will find out it had something to do with an experiment of this magnitude which went wrong, but they felt the general public didn't really need to know about at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by geminiguy View Post
    Not too sure if the mental-limitations of mankind is ready to harness such power.
    Speak for yourself

I was...

-------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I think you would have to be a huge gambling man to believe (out of hand) the hype of any new computer news article such as this.

As there is 1001 jockeying technologies and any one of them could be the next big thing....
    Sounds good... but who knows.....
    someone will produce this type of performance but i wouldn't be game enough to put my money on these guys...
    But the end user neednt worry who does it or what processes are involved...one way or another it will happen that is the certainty.