Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy sharing violation in vista

When exporting a drawing from coreldraw x4 as an eps file to overwrite an existing one of the same name a message appears saying it cannot because of insufficient disk space or a sharing violation.
    Sometimes if I export a new drawing as an eps, when I try to place it in pagemaker a message appears saying it is in user by another user or stored on a network drive.
    IP

Default Re: sharing violation in vista

hi john, im new here. maybe you can answer a qestion? i have the the corel draw 9 version ( yeah old) can i just buy the up grade of coreldraw x3? or would i have to buy the entire new software. ed
    IP

sailorbouy the best place to find information about upgrade elegibility is on the software manufacturer's website. The CorelDraw store page for CorelDraw has a link:
    http://store.corel.com/webapp/wcs/st...dkey=ClickInfo
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

John are you overwriting the previously export eps file that is in a folder not within your profile's folders?

Even with an account with Administrator rights you may get the error about sharing violation if you have not given your profile rights to the folder.

Using Windows Explorer locate the folder and right click on it's name.
    Select Properties from the PopUp menu (bottom of the menu).
    Click the Security tab.

If you do not see your username click the Edit button to add your account and select the permissions. Read, Write, and Execute should be sufficient.

In the case of the in use error. If the last operation was to export the file then CorelDraw will still have a lock on the file. Either close CorelDraw or open another drawing. This should release the lock.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP