Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: corel help

Question corel help

I'm new to Corel and learning as I go one thing that's got me right now is that say I have one drawing and I want to put a circle on top and then get rid of every thing outside of the circle but keep the portion of the drawing behind the circle in the circle. Kind of what I want is like cropping but I can only crop in square/rectangular shapes.
    By the way I am running Corel Draw X3
    Last edited by kvbtw4usc; 02 January 2009 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Need to state Corel Version
    IP

Default Re: corel help

With the Ellipse tool, draw a circle over your image, select all (Ctrl+A) then go to
    Arrange>>Shaping>>Intersect

Then select the image outside the circle and press the delete key.
    IP

With the method Steve described, you can place any shape over your graphic, and it will work.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

The best method is to Powerclip the background image into the circle. This removes everything outside the circle, but only visually. You can edit the contents at any time. Powerclipping works with any enclosed shape not just a circle.
    A quick search in the Help files should explain the steps for your version of CD.

Sark
    IP

Thanks
    It's funny with all I've tried and it was that simple.
    IP