Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Capture problems

Hi,

I just loaded PSPX2 Ultimate onto my laptop and I can't get the screen capture to work on websites. I know that some are protected but I was trying to capture stuff off my own site and I know that it is not protected. Works fine within displays elsewhere on the pc but just doesn't do anything on line.

Is there a box I should be checking somewhere or is there something blocking me somewhere else?

Hope someone can help,

Thanks.
    IP

Default Re: Capture problems

Windows 'Print Screen' (or Alt+Print Screen) should capture whatever is on the screen and place it on the clipboard. Just paste (Ctrl+V) into any graphics app.
    (BTW: As far as I know you cannot protect a webpage from screen-capture, you can prevent the right-click context menu via JS (to stop copying/save as/view source etc) the content, but not screen capture)
    IP

Hi Sledger,

Thanks for the reply.

Still can't right click but I investigated the screen capture method which didn't work either????

Then my kids explained to me thet I have a 'function' button (fn) and using that sorted it a treat (fn + Prt Scn). Pasted into X2 no prob's.

Thank you very much, I feel like I have my sight back. Funny how you take abilities for granted until you lose them.

If anyone has any ideas on the disabled right click situation I'd still appreciate a nudge as it can be useful at times.

Thanks again Sledger.
    Last edited by Chris1963; 04 January 2009 at 12:43 PM.
    IP

URL to your site?

BTW: I've never seen a laptop with PrtScn as a blue Fn toggle. What brand is it?
    In any case, the Fn can be toggled on or off (invert function) using the NumLK (or similar, consult your laptop manual)
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 04 January 2009 at 10:20 PM.
    IP

www.lipspaintball.com

No laughing at my pictures

The laptop is a Hewlett Packard. I truly appreciate your advice but I am about as computer literate as a chair leg. I'd best leave it as it is before I screw anything up.......which is a distinct possibility!
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 06 January 2009 at 11:25 AM.
    IP

I know that some are protected but I was trying to capture stuff off my own site and I know that it is not protected.
    www.lipspaintball.com
    There's no protection on that website which is stopping me from right-clicking any image and saving it to my hard drive.

I think it's just your laptop mouse (and apparently Fn keys) setup.
    But if you're happy not to fiddle under the hood, then so be it
    IP

Ah!!! Now you have got me tempted. I'll have a fiddle about and let you know.

Stand by for a cataclysmic **** up!!!

BTW I am using the resize tool in X2 after reading your post in another thread and it seems to work fine. Thanks for that too.
    IP

Hi Sledger,

Sorted.

It was a Vista User Accounts issue. Turned it off and the capture facility started working.

Vista seems to have a few weird quirks.

Thanks for your suggestions anyway.
    IP

Do you mean UAC? Can you be a little more specific?
    Thanks
    IP

Hi Sledger,

OK, as you already know, I'm not too hot with computers but here we go.

I click on START then CONTROL PANEL then USER ACCOUNTS FAMILY SAFETY then USER ACCOUNTS and then the bottom option is UAC on or off.

Off seems to allow the capture to work.

Does that make sense or am I raving again?
    IP