Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Page hangup

Default Page hangup

When I export my web page and upload it loads great in Firefox but hangs up in Internet Explorer 7.0. The page is loaded but IE says it's still loading pictures. Have comptressed pictures, that doesn't seem to be the issue. Is there anything with the Xara code that could cause this? Thanks.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 27 December 2008 at 10:33 PM. Reason: URL removed at OP request

Default Re: Page hangup

Hi, I've moved your thread to the Xara Xtreme forum as this is directly related to Xara Xtreme.

As for your site. No problems here in any browser, loads in a couple seconds.

However you might try naming some of your photo graphics as 'JPEG' in Xtreme before export, this will force them to be exported as .jpg rather than the default .png (which are bulkier and slower to load).

Just select the image and press the yellow tag icon on the tool bar then name it JPEG.
    You can do this for all photo graphic images (it will complain that the name already exists, but just ignor that).

As none of the tab links work, I assume your site is unfinished

Thanks so much.

oops I tried to change the name from "unnamed1".to line1.jpg. However, line1.jpg shows up, but unnamed1 still remains in list. How do I delete it?

I'm embarrassed. I was looking at colors used not names Sorry

I'm starting to not have fun. . . I changed the names to jpg and everything still exports as a pgn. What am I not doing? Do you know cause I sure don't.

Could you delete the link to my site please?. I'm not done with my site. I just put it there for your FYI. Thanks.

You must name them 'JPEG'

See screenshot.

Note: URL in post#1 removed as requested
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JPEG.png 
Views:	271 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	54667  

I renamed all my photos except the ones with transparency to JPEG only now I can't delete the original name because delete is greyed out. Which means I have a JPEG file and a pgn file for each photo that gets exported. I've gone from 22 files to 28.

I think I'm losing my mind.
    Thanks for your patience and help.
    Last edited by cyberspirit; 28 December 2008 at 03:23 PM.

Default Deleting Names

I renamed my photos JPEG so they would export as jpeg files only now it seems I have both jpg & png files for all my photos. I can't delete the old name because the delete is greyed out. When I export I have 6 new files and the numbers have both a jpg and png extension. Ex. 1jpg 1png

Am I losing my mind or having a senior moment. Perhaps both.

Default Re: Deleting Names

Are you sure the PNG files are actually being exported and not just left there from the first time that you did the export? What happens if you export using a different name?
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.