Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hey guys I am new to flash and cannot seem to find out how to add url choices.

I created a movie and I have 4 word choices on it. I would like to allow the user to click on a word and then it takes them to another site (hyperlink). Could someone please tell me how to add them. I am lost [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Thanks for any help...
    IP

I don't know how exerienced you are so I'll be very descriptive.

You must turn each of those words into a button. You can do this by making each word in a separate text field or by simply breaking the test apart (cntl,B) and selecting the single words. When you have a word selected, go to "Insert/Convert to Symbol" and make it a button. Once the text is a button, go into the instance properties (right click/Properties or double click on the button) and set a "Get URL" command. You must add the "http://" when using Get URL.

Good luck,
    IP

I forgot to mention using the "Hit" state when you make your buttons. I figured since you didn't know how to make link out of text, then you were probably not aware of this either. If you do not use the Hit State when using text as a button, the link will only be active when a single letter is touched by the mouse (kinda crappy). When you use the Hit State, it will allow the link to be active even when the blank areas between the letters are touched by the mouse.

To do this, Right click on the button and choose "Edit". You will see a frame that is labeled "Hit". Create a new layer and insert a key frame (F6) in the Hit frame of the new layer. On that layer, draw a solid square around the text to completely cover it up (doesn't matter what color or anything, it isnt visible in the published file). This will be the area of your active link. The rectangle will never be visible in your finished project. It only states the area of the active link.

Hope this is help to you,
    IP

Thanks soo much I cannot explain how much that has helped.. I thought I would never find out how. Thanks again.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP

I had the same problem when I first started using Flash. Keep on working and this will all be "second nature" after a while.
    IP