Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Multiple Animation in xara3D6

Watcher everyone,

Like i promised I'm back with another question well 2 actually lol!

Right i want to know if i can put more than one animation onto a background or in one window if you catch my drift,

Also can you import other pics to create 3D animation out of, for e.g i want to get a 2 crowns (Kings crowns) into a pic and have them rotate!

Thanks in advance

MadTaffy

This is the banner i want the 2 rotating gold crowns to go in, either side of Forum text!

image removed
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 22 December 2008 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Image removed

Default Re: Multiple Animation in xara3D6

Hi MadTaffy,

Sorry I had to remove your image.
    email me if you wish to know why sledger [at] gmail.com

Oppps! very sorry about that Sledger i can guess why and i wasn't thinking, all i had in my head was how to sort out what i wanted to do and to show everyone what i meant and didn't think for one min about the name on there, if i had realized i wouldn't of spamed on the site i can assure you!

Again sorry! a 1000 apologies and i will be much more careful in the future!

If anyone wants to see the pic maybe it would be ok to pm me and i'll give you the image link!

thanks for any help it would be much appreciated coz i'm at a loss to how and what to do next to get the result i'm after! even if you can help with one of my requests like adding more than 1 animation or the importing a 2D image (crowns) and making them 3D so i can have them rotate in my pic,

cheers MadTaffy

Sorry MadTaffy - New members can't PM until 30? posts, so you can't do that either.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Multiple animations in the same project are possible. There are limitations to what can be done within Xara3D.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crowns.gif 
Views:	343 
Size:	104.7 KB 
ID:	54574  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

hi soquili,

If i remember rightly it was you that was kind enough to help me out last time, please do tell me how you did that animation in your post? Which looks wicked fairplay!

what about importing other pics and making them a 3D animation coz if i could get a crown into the pic and just do the one would be a half result and i could deffinitely live with that!

If you could tell me how to get 2 animations in even if not a imported pic that would also be very useful anything plz lol, don't want allot do I lol.

obviously any help is much appreciated and hope i haven't upset the staff with any of my posts!! and just coming here nagging everyone how to do this and how to do that, i am sorry to be a pain!!

cheers MT

Hi MT,

Use of 2D raster (bitmap, jpg, gif, png, tif, etc.) images can only be used as textures. They cannot be made 3D except for a rectangular shape.

Xara3D requires vectors in the form of .xar, .web (Xara specific vector files), or true vector metafiles (.wmf or .emf) to extrude into 3D.

The metafiles can be simply a wrapper for raster images without any vector data. Those type of metafiles cannot be extruded into anything other than a rectangular shape the same as a simple raster image.

The animation I attached to my previous post consists of 4 vector circles created in Xara Xtreme. Two of the circles have a continuous outline and two have a dashed line pattern.

The two continuous outline circles were pasted to one line in Xara3D6 then the two dash patterned circles were pasted to a line below the first two circles. The dash pattern circles were given a slightly larger extrusion than the first two circles. The right most circles were selected individually and given an opposite rotation to the default rotation given the left most circles. The line spacing was reduced to zero so the dash pattern and continuous circles overlap.
    Last edited by Soquili; 24 December 2008 at 05:16 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update