Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Draw12 won't work on new computer

I replaced my computer with an Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz running XP Pro and Draw and PP malfunction. It seems to relate to the Property Bar. At startup the Nudge window flashes on both programs and the toggle for changing tool size is missing. Other windows, such as Color Selection on the Outline dialogue, are missing. Tools that do work are delayed in coming on, as are autoscroll and zoom. If I turn off the Property Bar things work better but not as they should. I've run repair and I've tried installing all and various combinations of features.
    Hope someone can help because this shuts down my business.
    --Wayne Truman
    IP

Default Re: Draw12 won't work on new computer

Welcome to the TG Forums.

If everything else about your new PC appears to be functioning fine, I would start with removing CorelDraw and then reinstalling. If the issue persists, contact Corel support.
    IP

waytru,

you could try and reset your current workspace to the factory default settings,
    I use this in X3 when things go astray.

• press the f8 key and start-up corel draw or photo paint

• you should get a prompt message for the option above

Cheers - George
    IP

Thanks for the responses. Corel no longer supports DRAW12 but I found a solution on Corel Knowledge Base (http://support.corel.com) Article 754235.
    I created a new admin account and installed on it and so far everything is copacetic.
    --wt
    IP