Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question CorelDRAW X4 not utilizing all available RAM

Hi, I am running CorelDRAW X4 on an Intel-based Mac Pro via Bootcamp. I have a total of 6GB of RAM installed. In Bootcamp, I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit, with Service Pack 1 installed. Vista recognizes that I have 6GB of RAM, but when I open up CorelDRAW X4 and check within that program to see how much RAM I have, it says I only have 1.99GB of RAM. Anyone know why CorelDRAW X4 is giving me this false report? The program seems to run fine otherwise.
    IP

Default Re: CorelDRAW X4 not utilizing all available RAM

I use CorelDraw X3 on a machine using XP pro (sp3). When I go to Options then under "workspace" and "memory" it displays my correct ram. Not sure if that is what you are looking at or not. Maybe your reading is related to using bootcamp.
    Joe
    IP

Smile Re: CorelDRAW X4 not utilizing all available RAM

I recently switched from Parallels 4 to VMWare Fusion 2, to use as my virtual machine software. Under either programs, I use my Bootcamp partition as my virtual machine. (Windows Vista Ultimate is installed on a separate, internal, NTFS-formatted drive.) Running under Fusion 2, I'm now getting an accurate memory reading from CorelDRAW X4. I've allocated 3GB of my Mac's RAM for use in my virtual machine. CorelDRAW X4 now displays my available memory as 2.99GB. That's close enough for me :-) Running CorelDRAW, under Bootcamp directly, shows my available memory as 6GB, which is also accurate because that represents the total amount of RAM I have installed in my Mac. In short, my previous issue was apparently related to Parallels 4.
    IP