Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hey all, we just upgrade to 12 here at work on XP systems. I have been running 12 at home for sometime with the occasional CARM message box. But here at work I am luck I can even start the program. If I even LOOK like I will be customizing the interface, it crashes. I have to reboot while holding F8 to reset the defaults. The other issue is we can no longer use custom characters because they do not show up in Framemaker (we import corel directly into Frame). SO....anybody have suggestions or similar problems? You know, we rely very heavily on a custom interface for ease of use and to keep standards within the department. Without these abilities, the program is useless to us.
    IP

Hey all, we just upgrade to 12 here at work on XP systems. I have been running 12 at home for sometime with the occasional CARM message box. But here at work I am luck I can even start the program. If I even LOOK like I will be customizing the interface, it crashes. I have to reboot while holding F8 to reset the defaults. The other issue is we can no longer use custom characters because they do not show up in Framemaker (we import corel directly into Frame). SO....anybody have suggestions or similar problems? You know, we rely very heavily on a custom interface for ease of use and to keep standards within the department. Without these abilities, the program is useless to us.
    IP

I have a solution to the problem and thought I would post it for other to see. The problem is solved by selecting the check box "Text in metafile" in the Tools > Options > Workspace > Text dialog box.
    IP