Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default exporting graphics - poor quality!

Hello

Can anyone advise?

I am creating a graphic in Corel Draw 9 and it looks great even when zoomed to high level. When I export as a JPG/vector - the result is far from satisfactory. When reduced in size to place on a web page it looks 'pixelated' even though vector images are not supposed to appear that way. Any pointers as to how what I may be doing in error?

Thanks

Merlin
    IP

Default Re: exporting graphics - poor quality!

Quote Originally Posted by themerlin View Post
    When I export as a JPG/vector - the result is far from satisfactory. When reduced in size to place on a web page it looks 'pixelated' even though vector images are not supposed to appear that way. Any pointers as to how what I may be doing in error?
    Welcome to TG Forums.

When you create a vector image in CoreDraw which is intended for use on a web page as a JPG at a specific size, make sure you export the image at that specific size.
    Not larger or smaller than you require.
    Also, set the JPG quality level at something lower than 100% but higher than 75%.
    Once your your vector drawing has been exported as a JPG, it is no longer a vector and therefore cannot be resized without loosing quality and or pixelating as a JPG is a 'bitmap'.
    IP

Default Re: exporting graphics - poor quality!

Quote Originally Posted by themerlin View Post
    Hello

Can anyone advise?

I am creating a graphic in Corel Draw 9 and it looks great even when zoomed to high level. When I export as a JPG/vector - the result is far from satisfactory. When reduced in size to place on a web page it looks 'pixelated' even though vector images are not supposed to appear that way. Any pointers as to how what I may be doing in error?

Thanks

Merlin
    Use the Publish to web option.

Here is a tutorial:
    http://coreldrawtips.com/videos/stan...icsForWeb.html
    IP