Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Where Should xaramenu.js Files be Located

This question is about some Webstyle special files...and how to successfully change pointers in the code.

When creating a Nav Bar I notice a file called xaramenu.js is created in the root of my website.

In order to keep things neat...I would like to clear out as many other files as I can in the root...and put them in clearly labeled folders.

So...Can I move that file into the nav bar folder...OR must it STAY in the root!!

---------------RELATED FILE PROTOCALLS-------------

So Here is where I want to know....to manage Webstyle.

I put all my NavBar graphic jpegs in a neat separate folder called XaraNavBar.

It seems that in the websites page code...I must point to this folder in the code where it says src="../XaraNavBar/xaranavbar.js" to be able to find the navbar javascript. So now the browser knows to go to my directory to load that javascript. Is that correct?

THEN...It Seems I must point to that folder again in the page code to find the navbars jpeg master image where it says /*img src="XaraNavBar/xaranavbar.jpg" This would be so that the browser can find the initial menu image...Is that Correct? Do I just point it to the most parent jpeg menu image?

NEXT BIG QUESTION: Do I have to leave that xaramanu.js in the root...or can I also neatly put it in that NavBarFolder TOO. It seems like there is only general processing data in that file... and no special pointer references.

Ideally I would like to keep all the Webstyle files in one folder for maximum organization if possible.

Is that moduleID_off.xws reference so that it launches webstyle from inside Dreamweaver and pulls up the correct folder to load the original button set?

I know this is a lot...but it will help your users know how to be successful with your product... "under the covers"...and "in the code"

Thanks

Suzzie

Default Re: Where Should xaramenu.js Files be Located

Suzzie you may want to ask your questions by opening a ticket with Xara Support: http://support.xara.com

It does not appear that many if any of the Webstyle users frequent the forums. And the Xara developers have not been making regular visits to the forums lately.

I only have a passing acquaintance with Webstyle and have never used Dreamweaver.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update