Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Menus Not Working in Web Site - Change Pointers???

have Webstyle 4.

2 Questions:

I made some nav bars.

When I save them into their own folder on my site root (Navbar folder) ...do I have to modify the java script so it points to the folder in some way??

If I create a folder full of saved nav elements...how can I open it up in webstyle again???If I click on the js file it doesnt open...if i click on the individual graphic elements they DO NOT refer back to Webstyle because they are just jpegs.

So far, webstyle is great for creating nav bars in inself...but when I try to incorporate them...they have a HIGH FAILURE RATE of non usability.

Some video troubleshooting tutorials would be great to help the success of users...and the reputation of the program.

Suzzie

Default Re: Menus Not Working in Web Site - Change Pointers???

Hi Suzzie,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

If you place the Navbar graphics in a different folder you will need to modify the javascript so it refers to the correct location.

To reopen a project you will need to refer to the project folder and not any of the navbar elements.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks,

Questions...are there any videos on user coding and other successful integration with Dreamweaver? Ive got the extension...and I can place navbars...but I cant get the same bars back...it always reverts to template bars and not the ones ive spent time customizing.

This "project folder" is it the one within webstyle where I save my graphics or some other one in some other place?

What area in the java code do I need to use to make that pointer to the new folder...having all those graphic files in my root directory was very confusing to my designer and so we wanted them contained in their own space.

Thanks

Is there a US phone help desk I can call??

Suzzie I do not work for Xara Group Ltd. and am not an expert on Webstyle. I am one of the Xara users that moderate the forums.

I do not know of any video tutorials for Webstyle.

In the past year there have been a few people asking about integration with Dreamweaver and the only thing that has worked is to uninstall then reinstall Dreamweaver. Run the Webstyle extension before you ever open Dreamweaver. That should correct any problems you my have with Dreamweaver and Webstyle.

The Project button in Webstyle is what I am referring to. It will list your saved projects.

Are you experienced with editing javascript?

I ask because the javascript created by webstyle is not formatted and you will need to assign the new location of your navbar images to the variable 'loc'. See the attached image for an example of the javascript.

The way I would suggest to change the location of your images is to:
    1. Open your saved project.
    2. Save the project with a new name.
    3. When you click the Save Graphic button, use the Save Dialog to create a subfolder with the name you plan to use on your website. This will write the correct information into the javascript for you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ws-javascript.gif 
Views:	137 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	54284  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update