Hi,

Does PSPX2 actually do any real colour management?

I've got a Spyder3 Pro hardware calibrator which has created a profile for my display and Lightroom/Photoshop pick up that profile and give a very accurate match to prints.

PSPX2 seems to ignore the profile, in fact when I installed it decided my monitor profile was sRGB and when I told it to use my monitor profile I found another problem but more on that later.

No matter what settings I use PSPX2 doesn't adjust the display colours based on the icc profile for my monitor - even if I go and select some random profile that should give horrible results the colours on screen are unchanged - this suggests PSPX2 doesn't manage colours at all. The image is always displayed the same as another other app that doesn't manage display colours.

The other problem is when I do tell it to use my monitor profile certain parts of the UI are suddenly drawn black. The colour gradients in the Material panel or the small image previews in most tools such as Brightness/Contrast for example. If I turn colour management off these elements come back to life.

Corel couldn't help with an answer and pointed me here. They best they could come up with was to use the built in monitor calibration tool but that does a very poor job and doesn't correct for colour casts. Besides, I've got the Spyder3 to create a very accurate profile why should I settle for a best guess by eye?

How do I get colour management to actually do something?