Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Little Things

Default Little Things

Every so often there is something that seems minor but would be helpful if it worked slightly differently.

For me, one has to do with the scroll bars. I wish they would size and scroll to take into consideration the whole area occupied by any objects. I don't recall the proper terminology but I use the gray area outside the canvas (white area) as a paste board for pictures and objects I'm working on. The canvas is sized for the document I'm creating (web page, newsletter, CD booklet, etc.) The scroll bars are limited the area just outside the canvas and won't scroll to the extents of all the objects. There is often more outside the canvas than inside when working on a project, until it is complete.

Along with this is the fact that when you paste or move an object too far from the canvas, it snaps back in closer to the canvas area. Very annoying.

Lastly, it would be nice to be able to right click on an image and view it's properties (size, dpi, etc) with out having to open the bitmap gallery. Is this info there somewhere and I'm missing it?

Anyone else?

Default Re: Little Things

Hi

if you go to utilities>options>page tab and increase the outer margin this will increase the area that you can scroll [there is a maximum setting but I forget what]

with you on the snap back its annoying - that usually happens when the mouse cursor leaves the working area of the window
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: Little Things

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    if you go to utilities>options>page tab and increase the outer margin this will increase the area that you can scroll [there is a maximum setting but I forget what]
    That helps. Thanks Steve...