Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Buttons & Bows

This is my personal opinion on this and I would be interested in hearing from all of you out there.

I think all of these "graphic editing programs" out there are leaning more and more towards making buttons & bows and creating web pages then editing and improving photos. With the big boom in scanners and digital cameras we need more tools for the Digital Darkroom. Most of the photos we shoot or scan are far from perfect and we need all the help we can get. What do you think???
    IP

This is my personal opinion on this and I would be interested in hearing from all of you out there.

I think all of these "graphic editing programs" out there are leaning more and more towards making buttons & bows and creating web pages then editing and improving photos. With the big boom in scanners and digital cameras we need more tools for the Digital Darkroom. Most of the photos we shoot or scan are far from perfect and we need all the help we can get. What do you think???
    IP

Wilmington, NC USA and Daejeon, South Korea

I tend to agree that the programs have emphasized graphic design for web development, of late, however, programs like Photoshop, PSP, Micrographix Picture Publisher and Photo Impact still have powerful editing features for photographs and image editing.

There are a plethora of tutorials and books aimed at graphic design, but not quite as many discussing image manipulation. Perhaps that is what is needed...as the programs are more than capable! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

SandDancr Studios

The sandcastles of our lives are nothing when compared to the tides of our destinies.
    Joelle

The sandcastles of our lives are nothing when compared to the tides of our destinies.
    IP