Hi Guys! It's been -- what, I guess a couple years since my last post. Didja miss me? I've been playing with Xara a lot through that time, and I have to say that it's really won me over. I hardly ever use my Adobe stuff anymore.

Ok, now on to the questions and stuff. At first I was using Xara mostly for illustration. Now I'm using it for web site design. I've bumped into a couple things I hope you folks can help me with....

1) I often will start a page and decide it needs to be longer (taller). For example, I begin with an 800x600 page, but then I want to to become 800x1000. When I go to Page Options and enter the new dimension, it centers all my existing work on the new page size. But what I'd really like to do it to keep the stuff snapped to the top and have more unused space at the bottom. It's not a huge hassle to show/unlock all layers and move them up, but the Guides I've created are much more problematic to move. Is there a way to have Xara extend the space at the bottom instead of centering? Or to adjust all the Guides upwards in one go?

2) On a complex page when I have the Names Gallery open Xara slows to a c-r-a-w-l. Any reason for this or way to avoid the slowdown?

3) Often times I'll have several of the same image element used throughout a page. For example a "buy now" or "more info" button on a storefront. Xara will export as many copies of them as appears. Is there way for Xara to export just one copy of the image? And why are they sometimes a slightly different pixel dimension even though they were all duplicated from the same source object(s)?

4) Best way to integrate an animated GIF into a web page design?

5) Is there a way to control what a graphic will be named, or am I stuck with 17.png, 18.png, 19.png, etc?

6) I like to use Wingdings and other pictographic fonts within text, e.g. for bulleted lists and such. These have to be converted to bitmaps to show on the web, and the way you do that is to group them. Is there a way to group that character "inline" so it floats with the text?